Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Converting 100mm rebas to 120mm
  • bigpete2112
    Free Member

Anyone got any guides on how to do this it would be much appreciated.
    I have been searching and can’t find any guides.
    My forks are 2009 Reba SL’s are these compatible to do this?
    Thanks Pete

chojin
    Free Member

+1 thinking of doing this myself!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

This is for older Rebas, so you might find slight differences and the spacers might be at the bottom of the rod, but the technique is the same

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B1AoGIWBz4H1M2E5ZTc0MTItNjM4NS00YjBiLWEwZDgtMjEyYTQ5NWZlMjc5&hl=en

mieszko
    Free Member

Are all Reba models convertible? I had the older SL and apparently it could not be converted to 115mm from 100mm.

I now have the Team model and took the spacer out to increase the travel. Quick 20-30min job and You can clean the seals and change oil in lowers while You’re at it.

There is a vid on Youtube by SRAM. Check out how to service dual-air air spring and it will show You how to do it step by step (I find vids easier to follow then guides with photos), basically it’s like a service but You just don’t put the spacer back. 🙂

Shackleton

There was a good step by step guide on (shudder) bikeradar that I used to alter a pair of 2009 SLs to 120mm.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Are all Reba models convertible? I had the older SL and apparently it could not be converted to 115mm from 100mm

No, but THE only way to be sure is to open them up.
    Model number/name is no indication at all.
    Every RS fork I’ve had apart (Must be a dozen or more by now) could be extended.

bigpete2112
    Free Member

That’s awesome guys THANKS A LOT 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Converting 100mm rebas to 120mm’ is closed to new replies.