Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Convertible Cars
  • rogerthecat
    Free Member

@iolo – my dream car.
    But have to settle for an 03 Beetle Cab – went to Rutland and back yesterday and Mansfield and back today – hood down.
    As TINAS posted – roof off unless snow and rain, day or night, it’s great. WGAS what others may think, I didn’t buy it for them. 😀

edlong
    Free Member

Had a convertible, roof was down unless it was raining. Otherwise, what’s the point?

rocketman
    Free Member

And old mate used to have a Dodge Challenger or Charger convertible. It looked and felt ‘right’ with the roof down -long and low like it had been designed that way – and all wrong with the roof up, like an umbrella on a motorbike.

Lovely car rarely saw it with the roof up

bearnecessities

I saw one of these today for the first time.

Why they named it after her, I don’t know.

JulianA
    Free Member

I love my A4 cabrio!

Roof down, windows down on the way home from work yesterday was ace. Does tend to use more petrol that way though – but I didn’t buy it for economy…

Great car!

unovolo
    Free Member

One of my neighbours has one of these,

Besides being one of the shitest looking* derivatives of the mini ,I have never ever seen it with the roof down in the couple of years she’s owned it.
    *note-The picture flatters it ,they look so much worse with the roof up.

parkesie
    Free Member

My spitfire doesnt have a roof 🙂 well not one thats atatched to the car anyway.

bikebouy
    Free Member

There you go, a spin round the block as I’ve not used mine for a few weeks and top down sweet as a nut. Temp gauge says 21.5C here in Shiney Town and it felt all the better for it.

8)

the_lecht_rocks

mrs tlr has an mx5 and we LOVE it 🙂

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Mrs Coolhandluke has a 210bhp Saab 9-3 convertible.

It’s great, heater on, roof down, getting a sunburned head, nice.

Its not great being in the back with the roof down, a bit windy.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I enjoy driving my girlfriends mr2 with the top down. I have had mx5(s) i like them.

Alex

We had one of these:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/cE7vyb]Hair down[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

The problem was it was only really suitable for people of less than 5ft6. With the roof on, I was basically guessing where the road was through ‘reading the runes of the roof lining’. It was a present for my wife tho and I found I loved the whole open top thing (more than she did ironically. Also fitting the roof during periods of ‘weather uncertainty’ was a bit fraught.

Now we have one of these. At 10 degrees, heater on, roof down and – the best bit – the poor citizens of Cheltenham get to listen to my rubbish 90s rock collection. Double win 🙂

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nyHYjM]Clean[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Hardtop is great. When it rains, stick it up, just like being in a ‘normal car’. I’m a middle aged man and have long forgone any concept of ‘dignity’ so happy to drive around having fun.

TiRed

Had an Eos for four years and 85K miles. Heated seats and warm air on the legs and it was roof down when sunny an cold. It has a huge sun roof too, so always felt bigger inside.

I used to like commuting home up the M40 in the dark with the roof down. too. It was, however, pretty miserable and cold in the back seats. Convertibles should really be two seaters.

olly2097
    Free Member

You know its summer when you see your first xr3i convertible of the year.

trevh
    Free Member

Wife’s got an mx5 an had an MGF before that mx5 more refined but brilliant fun and hood down winter or summer heater on love it and when going to work in winter certainly gets you to work nice and fresh

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

4 years since I sold last (of three) converts. Miss them all.

seavers
    Free Member

I miss this……

Such a fun car to drive. Pig to insure and service mind.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Driving home from work I was passed by a middle aged guy in a Boxster with the roof down

It was 1am

bikebouy
    Free Member

Top down on a warm clear night?? The moon was massive and just on the horizon, what’s not to like? I get the top down on late nights on the coast..

King-ocelot
    Free Member

My best drive ever was over the York moors, top down, bike in passenger seat, 3am after a hot summers day.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Convertible Cars’ is closed to new replies.