Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Convert 15mm Axle to 20mm Axle
  • paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Might be after some Bomber 44s for a bike, but all my wheels are 20mm axle. Marzocchi only do 15mm axle versions of the 44, so was wondering if it’s possible to get some sort of axle spacer type thing to sort the compatibility out? A sleeve perhaps?

New hubs aren’t really an option as I want to be able to swap wheels between bikes and everything else is 20mm. Gettting hold of adaptors for my hubs might be a possibility, but a generic solution is probably more useful.

Cheers

sssimon
    Free Member

nothing generic as a 20m hub is 10mm wider too, what wheels you running?

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I’ve got an Element FRsomething hub and a Reverse something or other hub. Both have adaptors that pop out easy enoguh and both came from Just Riding Along, so I suspect I can get adaptors for both hubs no problem.

It would be easier to adapt the axle because eventually I’d get a third set of wheels for this bike, which would then either have to be only useable on that bike, or I’d have to get adaptable hubs and get the adaptors.

It’s a minor thing really, but it’s a consideration when deciding whether to get 44s or 55s for the bike.

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Convert 15mm Axle to 20mm Axle’ is closed to new replies.