Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Contractors/Small business owners – have you tried any new PAYE software yet?
  • wallop

Any recommendations?

I need to start paying myself in real time and I’ve only just sat down to start looking at it!

I know it’s only implemented as of the weekend but I guess some of you may be one step ahead…

Bear
    Free Member

We are trying it, nothing to report at the moment though….

warton
    Free Member

i think Sage have come up with a plugin to their packages?

Liftman

Latest version/update to sage payroll does it automatically.

johndoh
    Free Member

We use Freeagent – not implemented the new feature yet but they have it ready to use.

wallop

I don’t have Sage, I think I’ll be choosing one of the free ones endorsed by HMRC. Tried to download one earlier but couldn’t get it to work on my laptop 😐

I only started trading in January and haven’t even paid myself yet. I’m the only employee so I’m hoping it’s going to be fairly straightfoward! Reading the HMRC website for advice is a bit like being inside an Escher painting…..

chiefgrooveguru

Very interested in this and equally baffled by HMRC’s advice on RTI… Currently do it via the accountants which is extra cost and hassle.

johndoh
    Free Member

Free agent isn’t free, it’s about £22 a month but worth every penny – does everything from estimates and invoices to PAYE and vat returns. If you want to look at it, I’d be happy to ‘invite’ you – gets us both a little off the monthly fee.

br
    Free Member

If you are using an Accountant I’d expect them to do it as a part of their service – ours does.

How are you going to do your normal accounting/submissions?

wallop

Before I heard about RTI I was only planning on using my accountant for my annual returns. I’d dealt with PAYE years ago when I worked for the family business and did my own wages. It was all cash books and PAYE tables back then though 😆

My day to day book keeping is very simple and I can manage that myself.

I’m sure the RTI thing is equally straightforward once you understand it – I just need to select the right software for me.

johndoh – thanks for the kind offer but as it’s just me I don’t really want to be spending money on things like that if I can avoid it.

johndoh
    Free Member

No worries

Flaperon

I think I’ll be choosing one of the free ones endorsed by HMRC. Tried to download one earlier but couldn’t get it to work on my laptop

Would you expect anything other than a needlessly complex, incompatible, buggy, half-arsed POETS hunk of junk from the bastion of overwhelming lazy crapness that is HMRC?

They are still trying to work out my tax code. meaning I’ve been on BR 1 for nearly a year. Beginning to wonder when they’ll come back from their cigarette breaks and realise just how much they’re owed, at which point my tax code will change to something resembling a Welsh place name.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Contractors/Small business owners – have you tried any new PAYE software yet?’ is closed to new replies.