Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Contractors – an ethics question part 2
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I’m a contractor. One of the other contractors I work with is, in my (and not only my) opinion, useless. However, due to a huge turnover in management (I’ve reported to six different people in six months) this has gone unnoticed by the powers that be.

His contract will be up for renewal soon. If he stays on, he’ll doubtless continue to be useless, and the rest of us will continue to pick up the slack/flack.

Do I suggest to the (current) manager that his contract is not renewed and they get someone else?

And he’s always on a forum called Singletrack when he should be working, maybe I’m winging about nothing

mrbelowski
    Free Member

You’re a contractor. It’s not really your responsibility to make a fuss or pick up the slack, IMO. You’re selling your services – do these services include managing or appraising other contractors?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Have you had your 3rd shit on the clock yet?

robdob
    Free Member

I would say to the manager that part of the work I was doing was picking up the slack from other contractors and this means I am not as effective as I could be if I had all the time I had to concentrate on my own workload. I would say that I would not be comfortable saying who that other party might be as the managers viewpoint and priorities may be different to mine so I would leave the ball in his court to appraise the other contractors as they see fit.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

As above, you’re a mercenary. Ethics don’t come into it. Shut up and do your work.

mudshark
    Free Member

What are you meant to be doing when on Singletrack? If we all did what we should be doing Singletrack would struggle to survive and I for one don’t want that on my conscience.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Ah, seen the other thread and you’re trying to be funny?

Oh, and its whinging, not winging.

Stoner
    Free Member

And he’s always on a forum called Singletrack when he should be working, maybe I’m winging about nothing

You’re confusing input with output. You’re a facetime obsessed company man, a dinosaur, and the reason contractors exist, and ICMFP + disbursements!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Contractors – an ethics question part 2’ is closed to new replies.