Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Contraction count down
  • alfabus
    Free Member

Due date today…. her indoors has been awake most of the night with ‘cramps’ about 10 minutes apart. Now averaging 8 minutes apart and lasting for 30ish seconds. They seem very mild though (just like period pains), so we’re not even ringing the hospital yet.

Looks like I’m seriously in danger of having a sprog some time soon. Hope I can still watch Leogang before we have to go anywhere! 😉

Should be a bit more scared than I feel; probably in denial, I reckon.

Dave

Harry_the_Spider

Prepare for the maddest day of your life!

Good luck!

alfabus
    Free Member

Cheers… doesn’t really seem real yet. I expect that some blood and guts will wake me up a bit!

On the plus side, it means I won’t be going to work this week!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Harry_the_Spider

You won’t be sleeping either.

jekkyl

Good luck to you & your lady. When you go to the hospital, take a big flask of coffee, a magazine, your tablet, your phone, your ipod & speakers, a load of food, a cushion etc etc

mattbibbings
    Free Member

That’ll be me in 20 weeks time, keep us updated. Good luck!

crankboy
    Free Member

Good luck .

alfabus
    Free Member

We have 3 hospital bags packed:

one for the baby, one for t’missus and a bag of technology for me (slr camera, ipad, kindle, laptop) 🙂

not got much food packed though, might gather some more.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Homebirth FTW:

Live Skype linkup for the family, plus your own choices of music and food. Much more relaxing…

zokes
    Free Member

Homebirth FTW:
    Live Skype linkup for the family, plus your own choices of music and food. Much more relaxing…

Yes, I’m sure that’s just what your missus needs: a webcam up her chuff whilst she’s giving birth 🙄

About 20 weeks to go for us too. My life is certainly about to change a lot

jamj1974

Very best of luck! Enjoy this day it’s magic!

mogrim

Prepare for the maddest day of your life!

Nah, that’s the day you take sprog home and you suddenly realise there’s no nurse on call to help 🙂

Good luck!

neilc1881
    Free Member

Dave, keep me updated…

… who won at Leogang?

RichPenny
    Free Member

The Skype bit may have been a joke Zokes. Besides, we had a water birth so a go pro would have been required to get close to the action 8)

alfabus
    Free Member

She does want a water birth… and I do have a gopro…. hmm – maybe that’s another thing to add to the gadget bag.

Leogang is done and dusted now, so I’m ready to go to hospital. She, however, has gone to try and get some sleep.

neilc1881
    Free Member

Sod sleep, get her on a trampoline. Do you want to borrow my giant tub of lambing lube?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Congratulations and good luck. You’re in for a wild ride, but well worth it. Be prepared to feel useless at the birthing process. There really isn’t much for you to do except be there and obey orders, first time with no hesitation! Look forward to those first moments of quiet and calm after the birth when you’re left on your own as a family. Magic.

steveoath
    Free Member

Congrats. Ours is due on Wednesday.

alfabus
    Free Member

latest news… nothing happening – she was pacing about with stronger contractions, and then she got in the bath and they’ve slowed a bit.

i suspect it will be a long night!

alfabus
    Free Member

Well, that escalated quickly.

Baby Ben was born at 20 past midnight to an exhausted mum. Both doing fine now, just waiting for a paediatric check, then we should be on our way home.

Good luck to everyone who waiting to go through this

What a night!

Dave

wwaswas

congratulations 🙂

stox
    Free Member

Congratulations!
    I’ve got to wait until march!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Congrats!

With both of ours, the when the contractions started, they started about 1.5 mins apart and got closer.
    #1 took 3:45 start to finish
    #2 took 3:15.

Short and sharp doesn’t begin to explain it!
    Luckily we live next door to the hospital 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Contraction count down’ is closed to new replies.