Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Contract Law (or some such branch)
  • SaxonRider

A small institution of which I am a part needs to come up with a legal charter that includes a definition of how it relates to the larger institution that has been supporting it, as well as everything else you would expect a charter to conatin (e.g. a list of officers, functions, etc.).

Is there anyone on here with expertise in the field? Is it a contract solicitor I want, or another type?

If so, can I get in touch?

ourmaninthenorth

This sounds suitably vague…..

What sort of institution is it? Explain a bit more and we'll be able to help.

😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

Commercial/Charity lawyer?

theflatboy
    Free Member

yep trusts, contracts and commercial lawyer.

SaxonRider

Thanks folks.

ourmaninthenorth, it is a small academic institution that undertakes HE courses, but has so far been supported by an FE college. I would be happy to give all the details, but would obviously rather do this offline.

Is there more you want me to say on here? I can probably say more without divulging too much!

toys19
    Free Member

I have a contact who is an excellent charity lawyer and may be able to help, he rides a brompton… email in profile

ourmaninthenorth

Next question, what do you mean "supported"?

If you mean "loaned some money", then you could get away with any lawyer who can draft a loan agreement. If you mean something more complex, then we need more detail.

Happy to take offline.

Tom

SaxonRider

Tom (ourmaninthenorth):

e-mail sent. I assume it was the address in your profile, minus the http bit?

ourmaninthenorth

Email sent. Tom

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Contract Law (or some such branch)’ is closed to new replies.