Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Contour Roam 2 – Any real life experiences?
  • ThePinkster

Now that Contour seems to be coming back to life I’m really tempted by the Roam 2 (just can’t stretch to the expense of a GoPro ATM) but before I click on the ‘Buy’ button does anyone here have any real life experience of one?

Is there anything odd I should look out for, any foibles or strange behaviour or are they just great?

Cheers

austy
    Free Member

I’ve got one for Christmas onluy used it a few times but really happy with it. the memory. card thr

austy
    Free Member

I’ve got one for Christmas onluy used it a few times but really happy with it. the memory card that comes with it isn’t the besy only allowed me to record in 720p 30fps so a faster card is needed.

search for midaircrisis on vimeo to see some of my footage.

the mounts are fairly decent for helmets and the strap for frames just got the waterproof case for a trip to centre parks.

ThePinkster

Cheers austy, will look up that vid.

You say you’ve just bought a waterproof case. I thought they were supposed to be waterproof as they come.

Or are you looking a getting it properly wet?

rewski
    Free Member

Really pleased with mine, ski footage was amazing in Hd.

austy
    Free Member

Had a a £20 voucher to spend and nothing else caught my eye.

Hoping to go to centre parcs and take it in the swimming pool down the slides.

Does say its waterproff to 1 meter, Not had it out in the rain yet, but done a few water crossings and muddy trails and held up ok.

Not had any problems with it dead easy to use slide to turn it on and slide to turn it off, what could be simpler, apart from remebering to turn the lens as you’d see in one of the videos which worked out not too bad in the end.

ThePinkster

Cheers, thanks for the feedback. Sounds promising. 😀

rewski
    Free Member

Had mine in pouring rain, mud and snow with no issues.

bitterlemon
    Free Member

I bought the Roam last year and configured the config file so it believed it was the roam 2 which then gave 60 fps rather than the 30fps. I was led to believe the hardware is the same on both cameras and this is more like a firmware update. Google’s your friend 🙂

Great picture quality but have found the sound is a little lacking, not a major issue though.

ThePinkster

Well I’ve clicked the button. Now waiting for it to arrive.

Cheers for the help folks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Contour Roam 2 – Any real life experiences?’ is closed to new replies.