Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Contour HD help required please.
  • finners

I have a problem when recording. Even when on SD. It records only short sections of film. For example on a few minutes recording it saves it in a few sections. It seems to be worst when its fast or rocky / harsh terrain. I’m perplexed. Could the class of card make such a difference? P.s. I’m in Morzine and the weather and riding is brilliant. Just brilliant 🙂

saladdodger
    Free Member

Not had the short sections but the recording can be very stutery which I blame partly on the helmet mount (if you watch the vids on Vimco most of the cameras are goggle mounted) and also the class of card

I will be getting a class 8 card soon

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Had that problem running a Class 4 card, now got a class 10 and BINGO! Perfect! Well, nearly anyway (it got rid of the short sections)…..but then I changed the settings too and WOW what a complete turn around!

Best setting for the camera for MTB (and believe me I have tried them all!) is 720p @ 60fps. Most people fall into the trap on whacking it straight on to 1080p, but that only produces 30fps. More frames per second soak up some of the ‘jerkiness’ when riding. Give it a go if you haven’t already.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    finners

How do u change the settings?

Milkie
    Free Member

There is a switch on the back that lets you select 2 modes. You can configure these modes by hooking it up to a computer and using Storyteller to change the settings.

grantway
    Free Member

I have asked about the class of the SD card and Contour say the class is not a problem
    un like if you had a GOPRO which needs to be no lower than class4.

Also is the SD one that they recommend and does the same thing happen
    when using the SD card that came with the head cam

Do you have the GPS version? has there seems to be problems with them
    I think its due to losing GPS signal but un sure.

Have you checked the battery terminals are clean.

Also has above i found that getting the position you want on the helmet and putting grip fill
    under the mount and re attaching and letting it dry before using helps big time.

Have you tried the Contour forums has they have good advice on there.

Try another battery also the old Nokia battery works in them.
    Nokia Battery BL-5C 1020 mAh

Good Luck

Milkie
    Free Member

Well… I have to say I am impressed with Contour’s Customer Service…

The other week, I managed to break off the camera door and bracket, sent it back to Contour, and they have sent me out a brand new one, with mounts and everything and in under a week! Well done!

I am now one extremely happy ContourGPS owner :mrgreen:

Here’s a link to some mods you can do with your Contour camera:
    Contour HD Mods
    (adding a mic, running external battery, which internal battery, etc)

grantway
    Free Member

Also you may have to re formate the SD card
    I have seen this on the Contour forum

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Contour HD help required please.’ is closed to new replies.