Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Contour + 2 HD camera
  • Anyone use one of these instead of a GoPro?

Any views?

Ta

allan23
    Free Member

Never used a GoPro so can’t compare. Found the Contour +2 HD disappointing.

I never really managed to get the nice sharp images the advertising suggested were possible. Fiddled around with the settings a little to get better frame rates but it only ever got to being alright, never brilliant.

Mounted on the bike the video would jump about as if the camera was sensitive to vibrations and once or twice it stopped recording to the SD cards for no apparent reason. The cards were the recommended class by Contour and weren’t dodgy eBay jobbies.

The software for taking the video off the camera was appallingly bad. Really slow. I used a Serif video editor rather than the Contour crap. Had to keep the Contour crap to change any settings on the camera.

If I hadn’t dropped it getting stuff out of the car, I’d have flogged it.

Bought mine before Contour went bust, don’t know if anything improved after the buyout and re-release.

austy
    Free Member

I have the contour roam 2 and think its great dead easy to use slide the switch forward and it’s on, doesn’t stick out awkwardly like a go pro et al.

Needed to replace the provided memory card for higher frame rate of 1080p hd, is a little cost otherwise footage skips every few seconds.

I would not recommend mounting on the handle bars gives awful footage, mount it somewhere on the frame looking back or forward. Have a look at few of my videos on Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/157203074

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Contour + 2 HD camera’ is closed to new replies.