• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Yak.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • continental x-king front and race king rear – good XC combo?
  • moonboy
    Free Member

Current setup of nic / ralph looking past their best. Ralph on the back particularly forlorn.

I have always been a maxxis or schwalbe man but having done some road miles on Conti Gps this year I thought I might give a different version a try.

Aware they ‘need’ to be the folding black chilli versions but was wondering if this particular combo in 2.2 gets the general heads up for whacking on a hardtail and riding stuff in the UK and maybe a bit of racing (well off the front of the pack).

Also how much of a fight to get on and off crests?

Bueller?

lunge

Not ridden the X-King but I do like the RaceKing as a back tyre, it’s really quick and surprisingly grippy in the dry. I’ve got got the Supersonic version and it is very light and flimsy, a proper XC tyre.

Edit, and it’s a walk in the park to get onto the WTB rims I run it on, no issue at all.

Yak

Yes

Although the x-king seems to size up smaller than the raceking. So I’d run a 2.4 x-king on the front and a 2.2 raceking rear.

Not tried on crests. Fine on pacenti’s and xts.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘continental x-king front and race king rear – good XC combo?’ is closed to new replies.