Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Continental Verticals in the Alps OK or will they be ripped to shreds
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

I've got some 2.5 High Rollers that I used last year in the Alps but I wasn't a happy bunny, not sure it was the fault of the tyres…

These days I've been on Conti Verticals and they haven't put a foot wrong so I'm tempted to take them as I have lots of confidence in all sorts of conditions, rocky, muddy, slippy, dry and hard etc

Not what I'd call a tough tyre though.
    any opinions?

twohats
    Free Member

I used them a few years back and had no end of pinch flats and shredded the protection sidewalls.
    Used DH tires in the Alps ever since, but then its mainly lift assisted riding that I'm doing.

Drac

Best thing to do with Conti Verts is to shread them, utter crap. Well I don't like them High Rollers how ever are a superb tyre.

UK-FLATLANDER

Well the wifes riding on them this week in the Ecrin and has had no issues, but they are the tubeless variety. I ran them for several years and had no issues either.

Edric64
    Free Member

Pinch flats are your fault for running your tyres far to soft not the fault of the tyre

myheadsashed

I'm with Drac the worlds most over rated tyre EVER 🙄

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

You could meet in the middle and get some lighter high rollers?
    The tubeless ones have slightly better sidewalls than the single ply, without the weight of the 2.5 downhill ones.

I don't know about the alps, but conti verticals don't last a minute in spain.

giantjason
    Free Member

i would go with high rollers and the LUST option to save some weight.

what type of riding do you do…..if you do lift assisted riding always go with dual ply for added security

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

If lift assisted trip, 42a super tacky HR on the front and 62a for the rear (2.5's). I use the UST versions and they are pretty good.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i've used them in the alps with reasonably high-ish pressures and had no problems. Depends how 'hard' your riding really.

hoykalot
    Free Member

specialized Clutch sx. 900 grams .
    Just done a week In morzine including
    passporte no punctures no washout. Superb £23.99 each

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Last years dual ply 2.5" High Rollers on. Pumped to 42Psi. with DH tubes in. Seem ok off kerbs and on tarmac

Last year I was Ghetto tubeless with them and about 25Psi, which is why I think I didn't like the tyres….must have been squirming all over the place.

twohats
    Free Member

Pinch flats are your fault for running your tyres far to soft not the fault of the tyre

I wouldn't call 60psi soft!

Last years dual ply 2.5" High Rollers on. Pumped to 42Psi. with DH tubes in

DH tubes!!! even downhillers don't use DH tubes! Just run regular tubes.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Continental Verticals in the Alps OK or will they be ripped to shreds’ is closed to new replies.