Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Continental tyres – Sizing help please.
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Just ordered a 2.2 Mountain king 2 to go with the 2.2 Rubber queen I’ve got on the front. Is the MK going to be much smaller than the RQ as if it is I might order a 2.4 instead.

Thanks

chiefgrooveguru

Yes, much smaller. To be honest, I’d just get another Rubber Queen for the back – I had a X-King 2.4 on the back in the summer (RQ 2.2 front) and although it’s quicker on tarmac it’s not that much faster off-road, and the XK is meant to be a lot quicker than the MK. I’d be surprised if the MK’s fractional rolling speed benefit was worth the lower wet grip etc.

joolsburger
    Free Member

It’s for my Blur which has not much clearance at the back hence the question but thanks for that, very much appreciated.

chiefgrooveguru

If you can’t fit an RQ 2.2 in there then I doubt you’ll fit an MK 2.4 or XK 2.4 in either! The RQ 2.2 is a mm or two taller than the XK 4.4 but a mm or two narrower.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I will stick with the 2.2 MK out back then. Really appreciate the info.

Vinnyc
    Free Member

the 2.2mk is so much smaller than the 2.2rq

joolsburger
    Free Member

If anyone’s interested the Mountain king 2.2 is more like a 2 and I could have deffo got a 2.4 in there. Bo lacks.

chiefgrooveguru

Confused! The XK and MK 2.2 both measure about 2″, whilst the XK and MK 2.4 and RQ 2.2 measure about 2.2″, so those three all fit or they don’t, there’s only millimetres in it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Continental tyres – Sizing help please.’ is closed to new replies.