• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by LMT.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Continental Tyres 29er
  • LMT
    Free Member

My new bike comes with the X-King 2.2 Racesport black chilli compound, basically are they any good for general trail riding and mincing about on??

Quite like my speshi tyres on the camber, so was thinking of getting some Ground Controls, but if the stock one’s do the job, I can spend some cash on the brakes instead, damn avids get everywhere!

Alex

That’s what I have on my 29er hardtail. The RaceSport are pretty thin tho – I tore a hole in one of the sidewalls (fixed it with a car tubeless patch!) without too much trouble. I ended up running a non racesport on the back for a bit more protection.

Black Chilli is fab. Grippier than a very grippy thing. Depends on where you ride (i.e. is it very rocky) but I’d definitely give them a go before considering something else.

jonnyrockymountain

Yeah race sports thin sidewalls, if I were you I’d take of and sell and buy spec’s tyres ground control rear purgatory front, you could sell conti’s for about £50 for the pair and spesh tyres £30 each

Shackleton

They’re good tyres with great grip but the sidewalls are a bit thin for very rocky terrain if you ride them hard. If your riding is dirt/forest/moorland they should be absolutely great. Lake district not so much.

LMT
    Free Member

I was thinking purgatory 2.3 upfront and a 2.1 ground control on the back, pretty much what I run on the 26er

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Continental Tyres 29er’ is closed to new replies.