Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Continental Rubber Queens
  • AndyA
    Free Member

Hello,
    Anyone using the 2.4 Rubber Queens?
    If so what do you think of them?
    Do they have much grip in the wet?
    What rim are you running them on?
    How do they size up? Similar to a maxxis 2.5?

Cheers

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, I have one on the front of the Enduro. Lovely, lovely tyre. Rolls quick, gives real confidence on the big stuff.

Wet grip? On what surface? They’re pretty good all round, as I have found so far, bar the fact that they are mahooooosive and could lead to frame clogging/clearance issues.

Rims – Some DT thingies that came on the Enduro. They’re brown.

How do they size up? BIG!

Joxster
    Free Member

I’ve been using them since January and found them great. The 2.4 are still made in Germany and contain the black chilli compound where the 2.2s are made in Tiawan and don’t contain the BC compound. The only time they haven’t been grippy on is snow, but I don’t think that is too much of an issue.

The 2.4s are BIG, but the fit fine on my Crossmax ST’s I’ve been running them tubeless.

AndyA
    Free Member

Cheers lads

Ta for the info!

knott4me
    Free Member

i run the 2.2 wire & yes there massive for a 2.2 but on the hope hoops all is fine.

judderman
    Free Member

there is a pair ‘ridden once’ on ebay at moment apparently 😉

brownpants
    Free Member

I have a brand new Rubber queen 2.4 tubeless if anyone wants to swap for a 2.2 – sorry to hijack
    nigel.p.brown@gmx.co.uk

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart, those tyres good for London riding then? 😉

el_diablo
    Free Member

I have some 2.2 UST Rubber Queens. I seem to recall reading that newer Contis are sized more accurately, I also have some Mountain King 2.4 UST and these are no bigger than the 2.2 RQs.

I know it doesn’t answer your questions, but I thought you might like to know!

singletrackmatt

The 2.4s are BIG, but the fit fine on my Crossmax ST’s I’ve been running them tubeless.

Hi Joxster are they “normal” tyres your running tubless or UST? I love the rubber queens but keep pinch flating the buggers, but haven’t managed to keep them up tubless.

Cheers for the choclates BTW :}

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

6″ travel and 2.4″ tyres are essential for getting rad to the power of sick in Richmond Park, innit?

The Enduro is my ‘big’ ride bike, though, mainly for trail centre and big mountain rides!

chiefP
    Free Member

If had the RQ 2.4’s on my bike for over a year and find them FANTASTIC in all weathers, plenty of grip in the corners and never yet had a puncture since iv had them. The clearence on my old forks was not great and neither was it any better on the rear where if the PSI was 40 they were touching the frame so run both on 30 PSI but still cloggs slightly on the rear but no major drama there.

mAx_hEadSet

just unwrapped a new pair of 2.4 tubeless in the kitchen for the G Spot. .how weird . .so much rubber I cant stop touching them.. maybe all those strange features about german fetishists covered so often by Antoine DeCaunes on C4 might be right.. .going to have to call these my gimp wheels

steve_b77
    Free Member

Haven’t riddeon on them, but a couple of the test bikes @ Llandegla had them on toady, they’re **** HOOOOOOOOGE

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Continental Rubber Queens’ is closed to new replies.