Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Continental Rubber Queen – To Black Chili or not to black chili?
  • pascoa341
    Free Member

Thinking of getting Rubber Queens and am wondering to what extent it is worth the (massive) price difference for the Black Chili compound? Currently I am thinking of putting Black Chili up front where I need the grip and non-Black Chili at the back. Would this work or am I missing something?

Northwind

If money’s an issue there’s cheaper options that’ll do a similiar job, but black chili’s really what makes conti tyres work (when they work at all). The rubber queen’s a little short of edge grip and can be slippy in the wet even in black chili compound so I wouldn’t give away any of that personally.

alpin
    Free Member

mmmm… i’ve been ridin 2.4 RQ for the last six months. not sure if the 2.4s are only available in BC/compound, but they feel softer than the 2.2s. only had one off due to lack of grip and even that was because i hit a patch of sand on the pavement.

i’ve found them to be a good tyre for general trail riding. saying that though, i’ve ripped open the sidewall twice (about 2″ apart, both 1.5-2cm across) on the rear, but then again i was riding in a very rocky environment (Gran Canaria). bit gutted as it’s the first tyre i’ve purchased in ages! i think part of the problem is that the sidewalls protrude further than the profile, and this is on 31mm rims.

jameso

RQ2.2s std compound are good tyres – the new range of Contis are a world away from the old endless edge / triangular knob stuff and now they’re some of the best tyres out there. the BC version of the RQ2.2 is noticably better.

defo worth the extra – they last longer as well as grip like almost nothing else. maybe as good as super tacky HRs, but waaay faster rolling.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Continental Rubber Queen – To Black Chili or not to black chili?’ is closed to new replies.