Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Continental Protection Tubeless Ready VS Continental UST
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

anybody used both? how are they holding up? ive got a protection x king im not sure whether to keep it or sell it on, ive always run UST before but this tyre has pretty thick sidewalls, i mainly ride rocky peaks so they are prone to getting pretty battered by sharp rocks etc

they both have a UST type bead and the sidewalls seem very much the same, so the extra weight loss must mean less in the carcass itself?

im just after views off people who’ve used either/or both or chose to go for one over the other due to rips etc

plus this protection one is black chili and the ust version they dont do in black chilli

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

anybody?

dantsw13

Not used the UST version, but the X-king Protection BC is my Alps rear tyre with no issues so far – I run it tubeless with Stans on a Mavic 819.

BearBack
    Free Member

I have both rtr mk2 2.4 and UST rq 2.2 as tubeless.
    UST version was inflate and forget, rtr needed lots of fettling with DT swiss sealant and currently after a big burp is now running tubes.
    Will try again as I preferred them tubeless but will be using contis revoseal this time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Continental Protection Tubeless Ready VS Continental UST’ is closed to new replies.