Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Continental Mountain King II sidewall wear
  • swingbing
    Free Member

I have these tyres front and rear on my bike. One I bought brand new, the other newish 2nd hand. After not a great deal of riding, maybe 300 miles or so, they are both heavily worn on the sidewalls to the point where the casing is showing through.

EDIT: Should have said, these are the 2.4 Protection (black chilli variant).

Anyone else had experience of this?

chakaping
    Free Member

Have you got your tyre on inside out?

Seriously though, not used mine enough yet but will report back if they do it. What variant are yours?

(did you flip the image in PS?)

swingbing
    Free Member

Took it with the cam on the computer which flips the image for video calls.
    Tyres are the protection versions, original post edited to say.

The more I ride the more it looks like the tyres are on inside out.

On the upside just did 220 miles of off road in Scotland, riding over all sorts including a lot of pointy looking rocks and not one single puncture. (Mate had a quite a few in that time).

messiah
    Free Member

All my Conti’s look like that after a few months… doesn’t seem to be anything to worry about as they still perform great.

xanboy
    Free Member

That’s the protection casing showing through the sidewall. The rubber coating is probably getting scrubbed off a bit. Nothing to worry about as said above.

swingbing
    Free Member

Well glad it’s not proved to be a problem in the long run, I love the tyres and would hate to have to change them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Continental Mountain King II sidewall wear’ is closed to new replies.