Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Continental Baron
  • rascal
    Free Member

Anyone running them?
    Looking for contenders to High Rollers…

Northwind

Yup, using the black chili one. It’s bloody brilliant- though hard to compare to highrollers, too different. It’s more a wet/mud tyre, though unlike most of those it works well in the dry too

rascal
    Free Member

I’m not one for running different tyres for different conditions TBH. I’ve had High Rollers for a few years in all conditions and all types of terrain with no probs, though my latest rear tyre is a Conti Gravity, but its getting very low on tread. Any recommendations for a not-hideously-priced, all-round predictable tyre – around 2.3ish?

theendisnigh
    Free Member

Ive tried the non-blackchilli Der Baron 2.5 on my dh bike.
    They work very well in mud and pretty good all round.

thegman67

Running one on my rear. Great tyre more suited to wet and muddy conditions.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

I am running a set of black chilli ones they maybe the best I have tried for this time of year. I have found you need to run them hard.

Look at action sport.de

kayak23

A rear Der Baron after 3 weeks of European bike parks.

Seemed a pretty good tyre really and I usually use high rollers. Think I slightly preferred the high rollers though, these felt different in cornering but couldn’t put my finger on why.

chiefgrooveguru

Of the Continental range, the Rubber Queen is more comparable to the High Roller – great tyre, especially the 2.2 UST BC one. Probably not quite as much ultimate cornering grip in loose conditions as a 60a HR, but still good, great on hardpack and wet or dry rock and roots, rolls fast for its grip, great traction and braking and very good wear rate. 2.2 RQ is bigger volume than a 2.35 HR.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Continental Baron’ is closed to new replies.