Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Conti tyres, very tight on my DT rims
  • Big-M
    Free Member

I'm struggling getting my Conti tyres off and on my Hope hoops,DT 4.1 rims.
    Any one got any suggestions at all for tyres that fit on & off easily. The though of trying to replace a tube during a race is a nightmare.

I'm looking for reasonably light, racey tyres, anyone running Hope Hoops care to suggest an alternative?

Cheers,

BadlyWiredDog

A friend used to have this issue with Bontrager tyres and DT SWiss rims, Panaracer seem to work fine, ditto Geax. DT Swiss rims plus a tubeless conversion kit and the wrong tyres = total nightmare btw.

Garry_Lager

Yeah, I have this problem and rue the day I bought a DTswiss 5.1 rim. The tubeless conversion was garbage so I'm now running tubes – which I hate – and a conti gravity tyre. It's extremely tight but I've had enough punctures that I've got the hang of changing it. Would be awful to have to change in a race – maybe other tyres are better. I used a Nobby Nic and a maxis UST with the tubeless kit and they were a worse fit.

This post reminds me how much I f_ucking hate that rim! I need to change it asap.

tang
    Free Member

yup 5.1d here and once or twice i wasnt sure if i would even get home! got the knack now but still hard work. switching rims sometime this winter. all my mavic rims were no probs in the past.

Big-M
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Conti tyres, very tight on my DT rims’ is closed to new replies.