Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Conti rubber queens
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Anyone use them? if so – what do you think?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

A mate’s just got some and they are very good on wet/dry rock, but are scarey in gooey/deep mud (due to the shallow tread I guess). Very fast for a big tyre too.

Worth having a look a schwalbe big bettys too

Joxster
    Free Member

I’ve got them, the 2.4s are big and sticky. The 2.4s are made in Germany with the black chilli compound where the 2.2 are made in the far east without the black chilli.

nickc

but are scarey in gooey/deep mud

Your friend needs to MTFU if mud is scaring him…

mAx_hEadSet

i would not dream of using them in deep clay mud but here in north wales the peaty porridge stuff we have they clean better than anything and stick like limpets to wet slate. the 2.4 is a bit MoFo large though.. much of the gap visible with 2.5 diesels under the brace of Fox 36 Vanillas is vanished as has the room under the rear seat stay brace on a g spot… its like riding 29er. they are very sticky rubber though but no report on long term durability given they cost more than many car tyres do

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Your friend needs to MTFU if mud is scaring him…

It’s not the mud that’s scaring him as such, rather the fact that the tyre just stopped gripping in a patch of mud and fired him straight at a stone gatepost at about 25mph. They are the 2.2″ btw

dreednya

Just put some on my Heckler and had one ride on them. Seem OK, the extra weight was noticeable on climbs (coming form MK 2.4s) but so was the added grip on steep cheeky trails through forestry.

Amazing thing was the amount of crap thrown up by the front tyre on to the front of the stanchions. Literally a line – front 50% of stanchion covered in mud and debris, rear 50% clean! Tyre clearance is OK on rear and OK on last nights ride on the front, though with a neoguard on my Minutes it was down to 5 mm I guess.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Conti rubber queens’ is closed to new replies.