Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Conti Rubber Queen Black Chilli LUST 2.2- Fragile?
  • vorlich
    Free Member

Second ride on this tyre at Glentress today, mounted tubeless on a Flow rim on the rear. I don’t know what the pressure was exactly, but it was pretty firm as I’d put some more air in it earlier on.

Seemed to pinch flat near the bead, with another hole in the top of the tread. Tyre deflated instantly and I had to put a tube in. Rim now has a dent in it.

The tyre is now essentially useless without a tube.

Unlucky? or is this tyre not up to the job for a larger hard tail rider?

I think I’m done experimenting with tubeless now.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Lust?

wrecker
    Free Member

Unlucky I reckon. Week in the alps, was the only one out of 6 of us who didn’t get a single puncture. They weren’t new tyres either.

Rim now has a dent in it.

Cased a landing/not enough air. No tyre would have fared any better and a tube would definitely have pinch flatted.

RealMan
    Free Member

Rim now has a dent in it.

Cased a landing/not enough air. No tyre would have fared any better and a tube would definitely have pinch flatted.

+1

If you did something to dent the rim, it would be tough for the tyre to survive. I’ve been running 2.2 rqs ust for ages and not had any problems.

vorlich
    Free Member

Yup LUST.

I wasn’t riding particularly hard at the time, JRA. I don’t even remember the bit of trail in question being especially rough either..

Maybe my relative lack of finesse is catching up with me. My local trails are woodland, so maybe I can get away with slightly lower pressures there, still, there was only minor squidge when doing the thumb test.

Apart from that, I was quite impressed with the tyre.

Furious

Unlucky I reckon. Week in the alps, was the only one out of 6 of us who didn’t get a single puncture. They weren’t new tyres either.

This. Just back from a first time Alps trip and had no problems running 2.2 RQ UST. I think you were just unlucky

mboy
    Free Member

Yup LUST.

You mean “UST”

“LUST” is a Maxxis trademark for their lightweight versions of UST compatible.

Conti UST tyres are pretty tough in my experience, the non UST version of the Rubber Queen is pretty fragile though, but very very grippy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Conti Rubber Queen Black Chilli LUST 2.2- Fragile?’ is closed to new replies.