Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Conti Rubber queen alternative..
  • stugus
    Free Member

I think I’ve finally given up with Continentals. I’ve killed 5 tyres without once wearing them out, the side walls seem to fail pretty easily.
    Yesterday I managed to buckle my front tyre by landing a little badly – its a £43 quid ust tyre and I’m riding nothing rougher than trail center stuff in south wales!

Anyway, the question – is there anything similar that people are using thats going to last more than 5mins?

I really liked the amount of grip and feel from the rubber queen but they’re not really up to the job imo.

stu

honourablegeorge

Hans Dampf. Take them every time over Conti’s ropey quality

postierich
    Free Member

UST Black Chilli Rubber queens holding up well in the Lakes for 16 months then again I don’t do much skidding 😉

jedi

I’m now tryingwtb tyres Bronson and vigilantes. Awesome so far

milky1980
    Free Member

I ride the same tyres in similar areas and have yet to destroy a tyre wall. Had one front deform on me, so have lost faith in them.

Have got some WTB Bronsons to fit when the mud tyres come off in the spring as the front RQ is slightly more wobbly than when I fitted it. Still has the mould marks on it!! Did try Hans Dampfs before the RQ’s but found them too pingy.

Northwind

I swapped back to my trusty 2.35 stick-e nevegals. Slightly slower, not quite as big, roughly as grippy (especially if you de-knob them for mud clearing), lighter yet seemingly tougher, and half the price. But, a lot of people don’t like the roundy carcass when cornering (having said that, RQs are similiar)

matther01
    Free Member

Northwind – where did you get your nevegals…cant seem to find the 2.35 anywhere.

waldo1
    Free Member

I’ve found ust Queens to be very good. They weigh a bit more than the hd but the sidewall is much tougher.
    My hands dampf have been flimsy and squirmy. I’ve had split sidewalls and have torn knobs from the carcass.

My nevegals were great. 2.35 dual Compound ust.
    I find them solid and predictable.

banks
    Free Member

UST Rubber Queens still going 2 years later, my hans dampf crumbled in months.

Northwind

mather01, I use the standard ones, never been very impressed with kenda UST. But they tubeless up well. Not the toughest of sidewalls. (don’t be tempted by the DTC, they’re not good on the front, very pingy)

ddmonkey

Maxxis Ardent 2.4 EXO are good. I’d like to try the Hans Dampfs at aome point they look good.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

High Roller 2 of some description?

In a similar situation – been using a Rubber Queen BC UST for the last year, and despit being caned, it’s only just starting to show wear. However I warped the casing on the last ride on a botched landing – first time I’ve ever done that, so it’s heading binwards. Shame as i rather liked it!

matther01
    Free Member

Cheers Northwind

banks
    Free Member

@jonedwards – warranty problem mate, I’ve had two replaced despite being well worn

chiefgrooveguru

It’s weird this buckling thing – seems to mostly happen on bad landings. It hasn’t happened to me yet but I’m somewhat wary… The carcass on the UST Rubber Queens seems so tough in other respects – my current ones have had a year of pretty hard riding and thanks to that carcass and the incredibly hard wearing (yet sticky!) compound they look barely a few months old. Wore out a X-King Protection (also black chili in a harder compound) in a fraction of the time (centre knobs wearing flat and chunks coming off the side knobs) and that suffered far more from flint cuts too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Conti Rubber queen alternative..’ is closed to new replies.