Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Conti Race King 29er – 2.0 vs 2.2 ??
  • IanB
    Free Member

Looking a pair of these to replace my Maxxis Ignitors 2.1, in the hope that they'll a bit less rolling resistance.

Does anyone know how these two compare in actual width and volume? Is the 2.0 quite skiny and/or significantly lower volume compared to the 2.2?

Thanks,

Ian

IanB
    Free Member

Anyone?…

gee
    Free Member

The 2.0 is pretty skinny. The 2.2 is wider, although the sidewalls bulge out more than the tread. The side knobbles on the tread aren't the widest bit of the tyre. They're an odd profile.

IanB
    Free Member

Thanks Gee. Is it safe to assume then that for a rigid set up, the 2.2 would be a better choice, despite the odd profile?

jordie
    Free Member

Hey Ian i have been using the 2.0 for about 1 month so not a long term test.They are not the widest but i think they are really grippy run @ 45psi they do roll really well though.I was a bit aware of them to start with but now they are just there.The tread kind of looks like a bmx tread so far i have had no lost traction moments

gee
    Free Member

I'd say so, yes. the 2.2 will be nice and cushioned.

IanB
    Free Member

Thanks again for the advice guys

Algore
    Free Member

I am running 2.2 Race King on backand 2.4 Mtn King on the front of my Salsa Selma right 29er.
    Really like them.

Can't see why you would choose 2.0 instead of 2.2

rOcKeTdOg

Bonty XR(B)s are a great 29er tyre, grippy but good rolling, i've got one on the front and a crossmark on the back (see latest mag for crossmark review)

£19.80 here http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/bontrager-jones-xr-item115213.html

baldSpot
    Free Member

im running 2.2 front and back on my nonclown bike. roll really well (fast) in hardpack conditions but the front tyre does have a tendency to washout. it's not a sudden washout and completely controllable.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Conti Race King 29er – 2.0 vs 2.2 ??’ is closed to new replies.