Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Conti Question – 25mm Grand Sport Race vs 28mm GP4000S
  • mcnultycop

My new bike came with 25c Continental Grand Sport Race tyres. I’ve not noticed any issue with them at all, but then I don’t particularly descend like a demon on the road bike so I’m never going to be sliding all over the place. I did have a puncture yesterday, but the piece of glass was huge so would’ve punctured most road tyres.

I’ve got a pair of new Conti GP4000s in the garage in 28mm that I bought so I could use my CX on the road, but then just bought a road bike instead. 28mm will fit the frame. I’m looking to get up to about 80km rides and am a big lad, but haven’t noticed the ride being particularly uncomfortable to date on the new bike.

Is there any reason not to fit the GP4000S?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Is there any reason not to fit the GP4000S?

No.

wilburt
    Free Member

I’ve gone off them due to susceptibility to punctures and cuts etc but thats just my recent experience so could be an exception.

Other that though no, use em.

mcnultycop

I thought that was the case, but just wanted to check.

legend
    Free Member

yup, aero effects. You’ll need the new 28c specific Enve rims or they’ll burst into flames or something

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fit the fatties. Unless you’re racing, or a weapons grade stravasshole, you’ll hardly notice any difference in speed. More comfort, more grip, better braking, etc.

fifeandy
    Free Member

call me crazy, but given that your first paragraph says you don’t have any problem with the OEM tyres, why not just use them till they wear out?

simondbarnes

call me crazy, but given that your first paragraph says you don’t have any problem with the OEM tyres, why not just use them till they wear out?

Maybe the huge piece of glass has something to do with it?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Conti Question – 25mm Grand Sport Race vs 28mm GP4000S’ is closed to new replies.