Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Conti Baron BC 2.3 – Tubeless?
  • honourablegeorge

Anyone running the standard Barons tubeless?

Been waiting for the promised UST version for ages, but getting impatient… they’re going on Mavic UST rims, as opposed to Stan’s, so I’m iffy about using a non-tubeless tyre.

BearBack
    Free Member

I tried but had plenty of sidewall pin hole leakage.
    I used DT Swiss sealant which doesn’t seem to be the best.
    I gave up and ran tubes as I was in a rush and needed a reliable inflation as I was guiding on it the next day.
    Better sealant like contis own revo sealant and more time to get it sealed and you’d be all good.
    One of our guides ran kaisers with bonty rim strips and stans liquid with no problems after initial sidewall pinhole sealing

akak
    Free Member

I’ve had the BC barons tubeless for 6 months on Flows. The rear has always lost air from somewhere at a slow puncture rate, not enough to worry about. Front has been perfect (I weighed the 2 I received and put the heavier on the front, about a 10% difference between them).

messiah
    Free Member

Ive run Barons tubeless for over a year with no problems. Wipe the inside of conti’s with meths before attempting tubeless.

stevede
    Free Member

Got my old bc’s to run fine after a bit of topping up with both air and sealant over the first few days, unfortunately I killed the sidewalls on both in the space of a few rides, torn on rocks, was gutted as I love the tyres, still use the der barons on my dh bike. If you don’t ride in rocky places then go for it. Bike discount normally cheapest for them.

Northwind

Mine is fine, took a while to stop leaking through the sidewalls but got there in the end. It’s possible I had to use wee patches on a hole or two, can’t remember for sure.

But yeah, sidewalls are pretty flimsy, the life of the tyre seems to be the sides not the tread which is a total bummer.

honourablegeorge

Hmm. Not encouraged, tbh. COnti say a “couple of months” for the UST one. I might keep waiting.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Conti Baron BC 2.3 – Tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.