• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Contender for world shortest (new) bridleway – Furness Vale, Derbyshire
  • amodicumofgnar

OK its actually Gowhole but this little upgrade has appeared. About 60m long cuts between some houses, down a bit of aggregate and finishes with some slab steps. Unfortunately right onto to the road.

nbt

well, it;s been a birdelway for years, has it been resurfaced then? TBH I never rode up it. always got off an pushed as it was stepped

amodicumofgnar

The signs always said footpath – new ones now say its a bridleway – never rode it before just because it looked like it went through someones yard. Not resurfaced looks same as it always did. Not really worth riding up but adds a bit more fun if you ride down the lane nr to Beardwood farm.

monksie
    Free Member

That’s been a bridleway as far as I am aware for years. I remember Gaz (Granny Ring on here) from what was then the John Hayles Bike Shop Club going over the bars on it and that cycling club has been gone a long time.

nbt

we usually use it to ride *up* when heading fro the SOldier Dick up to New Allotments

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Contender for world shortest (new) bridleway – Furness Vale, Derbyshire’ is closed to new replies.