Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Contemplating a move Oop North…
  • Clover

The MNPR is the centre of the known universe. In all dimensions. Fact.

mt
    Free Member

Don’t come to Yorkshire it’s full of southerners already. Unless you are going to get involved in the Free Yorkshire movement.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Aviemore – you’ll never need to visit Wales or the Lakes again!

branwell
    Free Member

ScotchlandScotland! Get it right!

Richie_B

Unless you are going to get involved in the Free Yorkshire movement.

Nothing in Yorkshire is free it goes against the creed

mawdesleytractor
    Free Member

If you want to live in a tiny, isolated, lifeless enclave full of snobbish tory inbreds, in a suicidally flat area, with the nearest “local” trails a stressful 45 minute drive away. If you want house prices higher than Surrey, yet the nearest towns run down post-industrial shells with no jobs.

Essentially if you hate life and want to pay the highest house prices you will find anywhere outside of London, for the priviledge of living in one of the UK’s most drab landscapes, amongst some of the most inbred, greedy anti-social people in Britain, a in a sort of rural dystopia/prison then a tiny, enclave called Mawdesley in the arse end of Lancashire might be of interest.

Clover

😯
    I think you need to move.

slowoldman

Well it used to be nice before all those Southerners started moving up here.

Seriously, Sheffield area is brilliant. Exactly where you go depends on whether you want to live in an ‘ouse or an ‘arse. Urban area not too sprawling easy access to the great outdoors.

But… for Lakes, Wales, Yorkshire Dales, etc. Manchester is better placed. I’m near Stockport and all the above are within 2 hours drive, Peak District 30 mins or so. For riding from the door though I agree with North of Manchester – Rossendale or Calderdale perhaps.

Or north of Leeds – Bingley, Otley, Ilkley. Maybe even Skipton or up towards Settle. Oh I don’t know, I’m confused now.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Contemplating a move Oop North…’ is closed to new replies.