Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Contaminated fuel delays in repair – any legal action I can take?
  • verbboy
    Free Member

14th Aug 2017 car broke down due to contaminated fuel.

Fuel garage in question didn’t hesitate to acknowledge fault once I approached them.

Garage carrying out the work at best have been very slow in almost everything that happens and I still don’t have the car back!

Injectors don’t seem to exist anywhere in the world according to them, car is still under warranty so I need / want the work done by a main dealer.

Communication has generally been appalling and I’m fed up.

Clearly the issue wouldn’t exist if the fuel hadn’t been contaminated.

Fuel garage in question are paying car hire, repairs etc so arguably I should consider myself lucky. However I’m paying finance on a car i’ve not driven for over three months and we bought a very specific car for doing family and biking “stuff”. It will be depreciating and I’m just not getting the use of what we wanted. Seems a bit shallow typing this but I’m fed up and just want the F’in thing fixed!

1) I’m amazed VW do not have an injectors for my engine in stock anywhere in the world, garage are saying the production line has a different access to parts compared to dealers – can this be true? **** the customer with an issue we’ll just keep building new cars!

2) Can I approach fuel garage for compensation even though they are paying for repairs and car hire?

Really I just want the car back but I have no idea how I can force the issue. I’m contacting the PLC that the dealer is part of today but other than that I have no idea what to do.

1st world problems and all that!!

somouk
    Free Member

If it’s a very new car then availability of parts can be sketchy as the dealers won’t have codes to order yet. They also generally wouldnt expect issues with injectors so early in a cars life.

if it’s an older car then they are probably talking rubbish and are trying to source stuff cheaper than dealer prices.

I would wait until your car is fixed and the bill is paid and then consider approaching them. Apart from not having use of your car what other effects are there? Why didn’t they pay to hire you the same type of car as you have purchased and lost use of?

wwaswas

Stand outside every Saturday with a bloody great sign “This garage has taken 97 Days (with the number changing each week) to repair my car” call local paper – they love stuff like this. Post on the garages and plc’s Facebook pages, hound them on Twitter. Do the same with VAG GB on FB and Twitter.

Basically make a nuisance of yourself.

verbboy
    Free Member

Post a message here and 2 hours later weirdly the parts are in and I should have the car back next week! I even got a phone call!

Somouk – 65 plate Caravelle, hardly super new. Car hire a bit complicated to explain but now in a 7 seater so sort of comparable, we in an L200 for way too long – thats the complicated bit!

Wwaswas – that was my fathers suggestion 😉

Hopefully I will collect next week, all super clean and sorted and I’ll be happy.

Thanks for the replies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Contaminated fuel delays in repair – any legal action I can take?’ is closed to new replies.