• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Contact phones.
  • zippykona

I’ve always been on payg, but my current phone has died (possibly due to an iffy app) and taken all my numbers with it.
    Soooo, if I have a contract phone and it goes wrong is it up to them to fix it. Also if I get an iPhone are all my phone numbers stored somewhere ?

stumpy01

There will be a warranty on the phone, usually 12 months I think. Most contracts are 24 months. I am 99% sure that if your phone dies outside the warranty but still in the contract period, then it is up to you to get sorted.

Pretty sure iPhone will store your contacts in the iCloud if you want it to. My contacts are all on gmail & sync with my Android phone.

EDIT – and I think u still have time to add the missing r to the thread title. I wondered what you were on about at first…

joemarshall
    Free Member

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-2057937/Your-rights-mobile-phone-breaks-contract.html

worth a try.

Depends what kind of phone you currently have as to where your contacts are. If it is android, they’ll probably all be on gmail, assuming you synced it with a gmail account. iPhone it’ll be in iTunes.

When you say dead due to an app, have you tried just doing a reset to factory settings of it? Unlikely that an app actually kills a phone. There are often ways to force a reset without being able to start up the phone – google it for your phone.

zippykona

Pre emptying the drop a letter thread!

zippykona

Investigated how to reset. This involved wiping my phone and it still Still won’t work.
    The app I downloaded worked for 2 weeks. When it stopped working I investigated why and a lot of people said it froze their phone then shortly afterwards mine followed suit.

cynic-al
    Free Member

My guess is your phone supplier will blame it on the app.

As an aside, seems to me that a phone that is sold with a 24 month contract should work for 24 months under SOGA?

Drac

Pre emptying the drop a letter thread!

Pre-empting the add a letter to a post thread?

sam123
    Free Member

If your on a 24 month contract, the network your with should fix it as I have had to phones break between the 12-24 month period and both have been repaired for free, one on Vodafone and one on o2

Cougar

Well, there’s two questions here, isn’t there.

You’ve lost data. Back it up next time. There’s really no excuse with a modern phone irrespective of handset choice, I was syncing my first phone with Outlook back at the turn of the millennium.

Your handset has “died”. You’re not clear as to exactly how (and an errant app doesn’t generally cause hardware failure) and don’t give any information as to what phone or what app we’re talking about, but irrespective of contract or PAYG you should have a two year EU warranty on electrical goods.

nealglover
    Free Member

As an aside, seems to me that a phone that is sold with a 24 month contract should work for 24 months under SOGA?

I read somewhere that the reason thats not the case, is that the contract is for access to the network, and a certain amount if calls and texts etc.
    The phone is secondary and isn’t considered part of the contract.

My phone isn’t mentioned on my contract at all.

br
    Free Member

I’ve always been on payg, but my current phone has died (possibly due to an iffy app) and taken all my numbers with it.

Learn to sync/back-up.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Contact phones.’ is closed to new replies.