• This topic has 44 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by riddic12-spam.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • CONTACT LENSES – any recos for on-line
  • DezB
    Free Member

Sounds like what I need to do is find myself a decent independent optician instead of using the big chains.

I did have, then Boots bought them out.

in theory to make them more comfortable in the eye.

But not in practice for me. Funny how few opticians actually use contacts themselves with their theories an all… 😉 (got something in my eye)

GrahamS

I did have, then Boots bought them out.

Funnily enough I last used Dollond & Aitchison, then Boots bought them out too.

thehustler
    Free Member

DezB, you’d be surprised, all 3 optoms that work for me wear cl’s on a daily basis, one even wears monovision (dont go there gets even more complicated).

And yes we have patients who use daysoft lenses who we still look after the aftecare for, but they are cheap for a reason…….ts old technology………doesn’t mean its bad just that there is better out there

T666DOM

I don’t wear CL’s on a regular basis, but have tried them to see what they feel like. Personally I hated the feel of Acuvue lenses, but I haven’t tried the Trueye yet, I find Focus Dailies Aqua comfort plus much better, it’ll be interesting to see how the Focus silicone daily lens feels, it will be expensive like the Trueye, both being classed as a premium product.

The issue with putting silicone in the lens is that it has the effect of stiffening the lens, so although it lets more air through, you may be more aware of the lens in your eye and actually feel more at home with a regular hydrogel lens.

thotherjonv… that kind of wearing pattern is spot on, the advantages of the premium lenses comes with longer wearing times, where poorer lenses will dry out and start to feel uncomfy.

GrahamS

Personally I hated the feel of Acuvue lenses, but I haven’t tried the Trueye yet

I went from AcuVue Moist to TruEye. Can’t say I really noticed any difference to be honest.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘CONTACT LENSES – any recos for on-line’ is closed to new replies.