Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Contact lens wearers – online?
  • dmck16
    Free Member

Vision Express have hiked their prices massively, so I cancelled last month.

Looking at new options, the online prices are considerably cheaper (even when factoring in solution and delivery) – what experiences have people had via online supply?

sharpy52
    Free Member

I use vision direct, 6 months at at time so its over the post free minimum. Comes next day.

whatgoesup

I now use a combination of a expensive but thorough independant optician for check-ups and seperate online lens supplier. Better than the quick once-over and “ok” pricing specsavers used to offer.

I have been using lenson.co.uk – lots of choice, but their pricing model is very frustrating – everything is some form of special offer and they change continuously. Seems to be common with the online contact lens retailers.

Still – putting money into eye checkups and not mark-up on generic products seems like the way forward to me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I switched to Daysoft last year. Can’t fault it. Saves me £70ish a year over Specsavers and I reckon their lenses are better too.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

user-removed
    Free Member

Plus 1 Daysoft. Cheap and incredibly comfortable compared to Specsavers. Been using them for five years with no issues.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Days off user here too. No problems apart from needing to use contact lens drops before putting them in, but that’s my eyes.
    £12 for 30 pairs.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Cheaper lenses are available on the high street. I’m still on older design monthly from Specsavers and price keeps dropping. Think I pay about £8 a month now (I don’t buy their solution as I vary use so I just get the stuff from shops).

Last visit they suggested some longer wearing ones, for a couple quid more a month, but then said there’s no sign of issues wearing the ones I’ve got and if they seem comfortable, stick with them.

That said, last couple of Specsaver deliveries have had flaws. One lens was off in prescription despite correct on the label, and another was damaged.

Noting part of what I pay includes regular check ups, and despite what some may experience, I’ve had as good or better than independent quality of service. Also discount/free cheapie glasses inclusive eye test.

whatgoesup

Deadkenny – which branch of specsavers do you use – I like the Specsavers check up pricing but my local branch seem to go for the quick in and out approach.

(BTW – Does this qualify as the single most boring post on STW?)

deadkenny
    Free Member

Guildford. Maybe it depends on the day. I often seem to get one of the owner/manager opticians who seem to do a thorough job. Though have had the odd junior types on the contact check up, but never had any complaints about them.

I don’t live in the town any more but I stick with that branch as went into one once at a place I was working and they didn’t seem so on the ball, and was surprised they couldn’t pull up my records from my branch (though this was some years ago now, but was still computerised at the time).

themilo
    Free Member

Contact lenses direct. Daily ones. I don’t not us ether every day. I lose them surfing so daily makes sense. Cheap as chips ( I can get away with the cheap ones kind). Consistently the best online delivery experience I’ve ever experienced. They even delivered to the caravan I was staying in in Dorset when I forgot to take them with me. Next day and no hassle.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Another happy daysoft user. By far the most comfortable lenses I’ve worn

stumpyjon

Asda, I use their in store optician for check ups and buy online from them. I’ve been happy with service and price.

lowey

I use Specsavers Monthlies via lensmail. 3 sets of solution and lenses delivered every three months. £15 per month for toric lenses. But also get free eye tests, free lens checkup and great discounts on glasses.

Jamie
    Free Member

As per Iowey. Bit cheaper as non-toric lenses and don’t need regular solutions.

£10 a month for Bausch & Lomb Purevision 2 monthlies from Specsavers. Which includes all the contact lens checks I can eat, usually 2-3 a year, got 2-1 on glasses and other discounts etc.

Sandwich

Which includes all the contact lens I can eat

I think you might be doing that wrong!

Jamie
    Free Member

I think you might be doing that wrong!

Forgot a word 8)

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Lenstore for me – unfortunately I need toric lenses so i’m a little restricted on the cheap stuff 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Contact lens wearers – online?’ is closed to new replies.