Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Consuming the news… How do you do it?
  • RustySpanner

It doesn’t matter which one you buy, the trick is to keep buying it until you get where they’re coming from.

The Telegraph has the best crossword and sports coverage, but is owned by bastards and aimed at people who wear red trousers.
    It used to be very, very funny and home to journalists so offensive they made Frankie Boyle look like Katie Boyle.

The Grauniad is perfect for wet, fence-sitting handwringers and middle class alcoholic supply teachers.
    A shadow of a fantastic paper.
    Famed for it’s once radical, campaigning stance, it’s now like being locked in Sainsbury’s all night with the Reverend Richard Cole.

No one with any self respect reads The Times.

TiRed

Today/World Tonight/Midnight News.

Also take the I, for the crossword.

BigJohn

The Independent seems to have the 3 journalists with the soundest take on the Middle East, Labour and the US election. But I suspect it might go out of business before my 15 month prepaid subscription expires. But at least we got a free iPad out of it.

nickc

The Telegraph has the best crossword and sports coverage, but is owned by bastards and aimed at people who wear red trousers.

more and more, It’s been long turning into the Daily mail with slightly bigger words, longer sentences, and less flesh.

The Independent seems to have the 3 journalists with the soundest take on the Middle East, Labour and the US election.

Aye.

binners

Serious question. If I want to go any buy a newspaper that is non biased is it the guardian?

Its a different type of bias. You do have to put up with the view of the world from Polly Toynbee’s home in Tuscany 😉

Its really the only paper worth reading. They still do quite in-depth articles on world news that none of the rest of the media appear to give a shit about. You know… actual proper journalism. As opposed to other papers which just seem to be opinion pieces. Which would be fine, if all the opinion pieces weren’t from essentially the same person.

The same people who all went to the same school, all now live in the same place, all go to the same restaurants, exhibitions and theatres, and have little or no interest in anything that goes on outside their own tiny parochial , narcissistic little world. The standard of the papers in this country really is woeful.

If you look at somewhere like Turkey, or Russia, the authorities are rounding up journalists, or having them killed, as they see them as a threat. If the government in this country were to have a crackdown on their critics in the press, it would involve popping round to see Owen Jones and asking him if he could tone it down a bit.

The Grauniad is perfect for wet, fence-sitting handwringers and middle class alcoholic supply teachers.

Brilliant!!! And bang on!!! 😆

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Consuming the news… How do you do it?’ is closed to new replies.