Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Consumer Rights Question x2
  • tom84
    Free Member

Apparently if a warrantied part is being replaced, 'reasonable' time for replacement is up to 30 days. Does that include if the package gets snarled up in postal strike?

If you call the company who sold and produced the product and they give information about that product that directly leads to that product failing, are they liable?

My problem is that both of the above are happening to me, but the thing I bought had multiple parts, one of which I sold on. then I waited to sell the part I was going to replace with the new product which took ages, and in the mean time i threw the box away, so the product is completely un-resellable even if the bit that broke (which i maintain was their fault for giving me the wrong advice on the phone) got replaced.

uplink
    Free Member

1st point – just bad luck really

2nd point – can you prove they gave you advice that made it fail?

Digimap
    Free Member

Nothing is un-resellable, both literally and practically.

Perhaps a little less mystery and a little more product specific information would help.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Its clearly a vibrator.

tom84
    Free Member

well i think it is sorted now (not the mystery, but thanks for guessing coffeeking, i mean the issue).

the company acknowledge that the advice made the product fail, but they say they aren't liable for what gets said on the phone, which i think is pretty screwy.

i really don't want to give away what the product is etc as i know the guy i dealt with frequents these parts, thanks for the help despite that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Consumer Rights Question x2’ is closed to new replies.