Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • consumer advice
  • martinhutch

Letter before action to CurryDixonWarehouse then small claims.

The whole purpose of this particular customer service dept is to fob you off, so why bother?

Cougar

he was still adamant that lenovo were correct in their diagnosis that the charge port was damaged by the cable being inserted the wrong way round.

Again, this is irrelevant. Even if they’re correct, Curry’s inspected it when you handed it over and found no damage, so if it has been damaged it’s been damaged whilst in their care.

gonzy
    Free Member

part 2:

having had time to digest everything they had said to me and what advice i had from here i decided that i wasnt going to let this go…we’ve already bought a new replacement tablet for our son.
    i opened the box the tablet came in and found the fault diagnoso sheet that lenovo had said and saw that they reckoned the usb charge port was allegedly damaged but i was more surprised that they also said that the motherboard was also faulty and as were the two cameras…how did they manage to identify these alleged faults when they also said that they couldnt power the tablet up??
    so i went back in on saturday…spoke to the same guy who gave the tablet back to me…again pointed out that the cable wouldnt go in the wrong way round and also that they couldnt have identified further faults as they couldnt power it up
    i then asked for all the account notes they held on this case. he looked at me and asked why so i had to spout off the data protection and freedom of information act and that as a customer i was entitled to this and that they have to provide it. most of the notes had “accidentally” wiped off the account file…but he was able to print what info they had.
    i then spotted that although i sent it back in on september 4th…it wasnt sent to lenovo until the 3rd of october. during that time i had chased it up with currys twice to be told that lenovo had told them they were waiting for parts
    i demanded the manager but got another team leader…and agin had to explain everything to him but this time i also pointed out that on 2 occasions currys had blatantly lied about getting in touvh with lenovo to be told they were waiting for parts as they hadnt even bothered sending it off to them yet.
    he then finally realising i had them by the balls went and got the store manager who remembered the case as he had spoken to me on the phone…the manager also realised that lenovo were quite right to say no to repairing it as it had been sent to them after the warranty had expired but also queried the other supposed faults which were utter fabrications…he could see the damage to the charge port but as it wasnt identified when inspected when i brought it in…the guy who checked it in was there and confirmed this…so now we knew that damage occurred in lenovos possession
    but the main issue was the lies told by his staff on 2 occasions that were particularly embarrassing for him.

in the end he had no choice but to replace the tablet….result!!
    it was either that or i escalated it to head office which would have been more grief for him with regards to the lying idiots he employs

i still need to repair the tablet so i can retrieve the data from it…but i know for sure i wont be shopping with currys again

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gonzy
    Free Member

^^^ sorry its a bit of a read but hope it makes sense

Cougar

Wow. What a palaver. Glad you’re sorted.

Make backups.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘consumer advice’ is closed to new replies.