Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Consumer Advice – Epic Sky Cock-Up
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

On a slightly different note there was a programme on over the weekend where the the UK MD of Isuzu trucks said that her personal telephone number was supplied to every customer. She said she rarely gets called because dealers work very hard to make sure none of their customers ever phone her 🙂

spooky_b329

Try other providers to see if they can provide broadband – if the exchange is unbundled the Sky equipment may be at capacity but other providers racks a few meters away may not be.

gatsby
    Free Member

The executive team just rang me, another 45 minutes wasted! He told me that it had been escalated to the highest level, here’s my personal direct line blah blah blah…

He also told me that there was every likelihood that they might not be able to reinstate my services. I pointed out that fibre broadband is available in my road and that, as a bear minimum, they need to connect that ASAP. He assured me that he would leave no stone unturned and offered to credit me with whatever it costs to get a dongle… Not sure if that would be any help as I have terrible 3G coverage round here.

We’ll see what tomorrow brings…

G

bruneep

…and?

gatsby
    Free Member

Apologies for the delay in updated – their subsequent funk-ups have meant I’ve had to devote most of my life to resolving this issue… 😈

After much to-ing and fro-ing with “Sal” in the Executive Service Team, I was told that Open Reach would have to instal a new phone line into my house, and a new wall socket. This is despite me having a phone line and socket installed less than 3 years ago, and it working perfectly until they remotely disconnected me.

I tried arguing the toss, but it really wasn’t worth it – perhaps their cables self-destruct when they’re disconnected.

Anyway, I was told I needed to be at home between 8am and 1pm for the engineer on Tuesday.

So, I sat their, like a complete mug, watching daytime TV all morning. By 11am, I’d adopted a snow leopard. By noon, I’d applied for a funeral plan so I could get a free Parker pen. By 1, I was trying to remember if I’d had a trip or fall in the past 3 years.

Oh, and the f*****g **** from Open Reach hadn’t turned up!

So off I trotted to see if anything was left of my business, and rang “Sal” to see what the hell was going on. I was told that my phone and broadband was now up and running and it was suggested that I should be grateful that a) I had my services back, and b) I hadn’t had the inconvenience of actually having to answer the door to a man in a hi-viz vest!

I was given no explanation as to why Sky thought I’d be happy with them completely wasting 5 hours of my life – on top of the 5hrs 44mins I spent on the phone – and that, as they say, was that.

They’ve given me 6months free line rental and have been kind enough not to charge me FOR THE F****** MONTH IN WHICH I HAD NO F****** PHONE OR BORADBAND!!!!!

AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

DON’T USE SKY!!!! EVERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

G

pk13

Well I’m glad to see your back online . There is a good chance a man did go out to you but not to yours. Green box or work at the exchange. This is the problem with renting whole sale lines from a company that don’t give a flying toss due to years of riding the cash cow that is the general public.
    shitty comms from sky is bad form as they are trying to be the next John lewis where the customer is concerned.

gatsby
    Free Member

I’m still completely astonished at the lengths Sky seem prepared to go to to inconvenience a customer who’s already been massively inconvenienced by THEIR massive f*** up!

And the bell end seemed to expect gratitude for getting me back online, despite a fortnight’s downtime, at least a day of lost earnings and losing my phone number forever!!!

May they all be plagued by itchy bumholes and constant, unidentifiable squeaks from their dashboards….

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Consumer Advice – Epic Sky Cock-Up’ is closed to new replies.