Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 364 total)
  • Conspiracy theorys……does anyone believe them?
  • CountZero

The great thing is that you could build a rocket, stick a camera on it and have a look. There are photos of the landing site that have been taken recently, yet when this is presented as evidence, deniers claim the stuff and tracks were deployed at a later date by robots…

Or Photoshopped, as a number of comments I’ve seen say, along with one retard in connection with a photo of the second jet impact on 9/11, saying something along the lines of ‘it’s photoshopped Sheeple, wake up to the reality’ 🙄

Blower
    Free Member

any plausible ones though?

CountZero

This’ll really worry the tinfoil hat brigade:
    Tinfoil hats actually amplify mind-control beams

Tinfoil hats actually amplify mind-control beams

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Well, buzz if you followed the thread you’d know that it was quite clearly snow white.

That bitch has a lot to answer for !

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve had my doubts about the Diana thing ever since being told it was going to happen three weeks prior by a pal who was working in the personal protection business at the time, he then denied he ever said it even though he claimed she was pregnant, was threatening conversion to the Muslim faith and likely it would be a car accident.

So your mate who “worked in the personal protection business” told you Diana was going to be killed then ?

So it must have been pretty common knowledge among people who worked in that industry at the time I would imagine.

And yet nobody credible has ever come forward with any Actual Evidence ?

They are all so tight lipped and reliable that “they” could just let everyone in the trade know, safe in the knowledge that it would never get out.

(Even though your mate just decided to let it slip a few weeks beforehand, and then later said “no mate, I never said anything like that” when he suddenly remembered he shouldn’t have really said anything ?)

Seems plausible enough 🙄

Northwind

How has this come to 3 pages without any input from or even a mention of… you know… him.

atlaz
    Free Member

Voldemort?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Jimmy Savile?

atlaz
    Free Member

BTW, did anyone see the 7/7 roadtrip programme the other day? Interesting to see how people almost need to believe that a load of unconnected things are connected (by a pack of lies). I also found an interview with one of the people on the programme which introduced me to two new phrases:

Conspiracy fact – apparently this alters the psychology of unbelievers to believe that what the foil-hatters are saying is fact not a theory. clever eh?

Alternative Research – I think this falls into the genesis is taught equally valid as the theory of evolution thing. Supposed to make us feel all possibilities are equally valid

khani
    Free Member

How has this come to 3 pages without any input from or even a mention of… you know… him.

He told me to bugger off!!! he’s sick of me asking stupid questions..He has bigger fish to fry..and the chips are nearly done….
    Elvis isn’t always the nice guy he made himself out to be y’know… 🙁
    Or do you mean the Other him?….. 😉

igrf
    Free Member

nealglover – Member
    So your mate who “worked in the personal protection business” told you Diana was going to be killed then ?

So it must have been pretty common knowledge among people who worked in that industry at the time I would imagine.

And yet nobody credible has ever come forward with any Actual Evidence ?

They are all so tight lipped and reliable that “they” could just let everyone in the trade know, safe in the knowledge that it would never get out.

(Even though your mate just decided to let it slip a few weeks beforehand, and then later said “no mate, I never said anything like that” when he suddenly remembered he shouldn’t have really said anything ?)

Seems plausible enough

I don’t recall saying it was plausible, I said I had my doubts. We’re talking conspiracy theory here, if it were fact we wouldn’t be discussing it, it is a theory one can’t help subscribing to given that prior warning, followed by the controversy of the delay in hospitalisation, the missing white punto and death of witnesses, the flash in the tunnel, the premature embalming, the high concentration of carbon monoxide in the chauffeurs blood sample etc etc..
    Which makes the death by ‘accident’ actually more implausible, but hey, who cares, it’s just a conspiracy theory.

wrecker
    Free Member

Elvis isn’t always the nice guy he made himself out to be y’know…

He spends his holidays in Ed Oxleys’ beard you know.

grum
    Free Member

My girlfriends brother is apparently a fairly major figure in the 7/7 ‘truther’ community. He has made a few documentaries about it. Some of it is a bit wacko but some is pretty interesting. There’s a fairly long history of quite shady use of agent provocateurs and double agents by governments/security services so it would hardly be a massive surprise if it was still going on.

http://www.investigatingtheterror.com

nealglover
    Free Member

I don’t recall saying it was plausible

And I didn’t claim that you had ?

I said it (sarcastically)

because it sounds just like the usual load of old bollx.

MSP

Ed Oxleys’ beard isn’t real, it’s a chin wig! He bought it second hand at a flea market from some bloke who used to be in zz top.

igrf
    Free Member

nealglover – Member

I said it (sarcastically)

Hmm is that allowed now? I thought the use of excess sarcasm and irony had been banned?

Because STW was in the process of being sold, so all disruptive elements had to be eliminated, sssh conspiracy theory 😉

Ro5ey
    Free Member

So if we never got to the moon, how have we got to Mars ?

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2012/10/01/out-of-control-mars-rover-building-sandcastles/

rudebwoy
    Free Member

MI6 was set up to deal with ‘political problems’ , its role has expanded to lots of groups in society. Special branch also keep agents in groups , and in some cases are the main protagonists.

however they are not very effective, whatever they seem to do- most info comes from traditional sources, ‘intelligence/grass ‘– i’m sure with the upsurge in militant islam they are recruiting lots of relevant people.

Cougar

So if we never got to the moon, how have we got to Mars ?

Looks like Nevada to me.

molgrips
    Free Member

There’s a fairly long history of quite shady use of agent provocateurs and double agents by governments/security services so it would hardly be a massive surprise if it was still going on.

Er, there’s one thing shit stirring politics in other countries, and there’s another killing thousands of your own citizens.

The US has been meddling in other countries since WWII, they never needed to commit their own attrocities to justify it before. The Domino Principle was far shakier and that was all the excuse they needed.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Depends on the ‘theory’. If you’re talking about 3 letter acronym organisations and/or governments doing shady stuff behind the scenes and being shockingly unscrupulous then sure- it’d be more surprising if that’s not going on. If you’re talking about things like the twin towers being brought down by controlled demolition then no.

The ones involving a handful of people doing relatively limited things with not much scope for it all coming out are plausible. The ones involving thousands of people with countless opportunities for it to all go wrong are not.

grum
    Free Member

Er, there’s one thing shit stirring politics in other countries, and there’s another killing thousands of your own citizens.

The US has been meddling in other countries since WWII, they never needed to commit their own attrocities to justify it before. The Domino Principle was far shakier and that was all the excuse they needed.

I’m not suggesting that 9/11 was an inside job btw, but there are lots of documented cases of agent provocateurs being used domestically. Look at how infiltrated the relatively innocuous animal rights movement was in this country – there was supposedly meetings where there were more people in the pay of the government than genuine protestors.

Stirring politics is a bit of a euphemism too TBH. We are talking about arming/training/sponsoring death squads, political assassinations and terrorism on a pretty major scale, organising coups against democratically elected leaders etc etc

Given the well documented history of these things, what makes you so sure nothing vaguely similar could ever happen in the US?

wrecker
    Free Member

Much like China, Iran and Russia then? Of course, they’re far less hesitant to kill their own citizens.

BermBandit
    Free Member

It seesm to me that the inability to hide even the simplest of pecadillo’s by the most powerful of politicians tends to undermine the concept of conspiracy as a plausible explanation for anything much.

Think about it, if you can’t keep the whereabouts of your cigar box a secret when only two people are party to the secret of moist tobacco how the hell can you keep an incredibly complex deception such as 9/11 or 7/7 quiet?

winston
    Free Member

Politicians will be the last to know in pretty much any scenario – conspiracy or policy decision. Thats why they are there – to take the blame as the disposable objects they clearly are.

Conspiracy makes the world go round but governments couldn’t organize a b*mming in a barracks

nedrapier

Who was it who said “If there’s one thing we learn from history, it’s that we don’t learn from history.”

Powerful people with big agendas and lots at stake will do bad things if it furthers their causes. They might not want to tell you about it.

Is it about time someone brought up Hitler?

“The size of the lie is a definite factor in causing it to be believed, for the vast masses of the nation are in the depths of their hearts more easily deceived than they are consciously and intentionally bad. The primitive simplicity of their minds renders them a more easy prey to a big lie than a small one, for they themselves often tell little lies but would be ashamed to tell a big one.”

Personally, I think there’s a lot that doesn’t add up about the official explanation of 9/11, and a lot that doesn’t add up about many of the alternatives. But it’s almost impossible to discuss, because the arguments and counter-arguments have been gone over so many times before, there’s so much ridiculous rubbish floating around that discredits both sides and almost everyone you speak to has made their mind up already about what they think went on.

And let’s not forget that “conspiracy theorists” shouldn’t be taken to be short-hand for “tin-foil-hat-wearing nutter”

The official story is one of a conspiracy: Shady, Western-educated, Saudi rich-boy-gone-bad controlling global network of terror cells, orchestrates plot to shake the Western world to its core to bring about a shift in power. Pretty similar in concept to the Guy Fawkes conspiracy.

etc. ad finitum

BermBandit
    Free Member

LOL: Classic conspirascist response there winston. Absolutely no substance whatsoever, but a perfectly phrased dark undertone, lightened with a touch of a jolly jape at the end just to prove that depsite wearing the tinfoil with pride you are in fact just one of the lads. Good work, keep it up.

ditto nedrapier

MSP

Conspiracy makes the world go round but governments couldn’t organize a b*mming in a barracks

That doesn’t really matter, if no one is going to expose them anyway.

The expenses scandal, the guy selling the information had them for months, no one in the media was interested. I can’t remember the exact details, but somehow the story was getting out that they media was turning down the information, then the Telegraph run with it.

Hillsborough was covered up for 25 years, only massive public pressure from the familys brought out the truth in the end, if they had given up we would never know.

The murdoch/police/poloticions three way love in went on for years and years, we will never know how much it has shaped the face of british polotics, influence and policing, and we never would have if they hadn’t interfeared with a dead girls phone.

Liam Fox selling acceess to the highest bidder, fleet street didn’t care untill there was a hint of homosexuality in the story. Does anyone think that selling access isn’t standard practice?

They can cover up whatever they want as long as the media is more interested in Jordans latest boob job than doing any actuall inestigative journalism.

konabunny
    Free Member

To be honest my own “theory” at the time; that his death was faked and he was whisked away to Israel with the help of Mossad to live out his last few years with his ill-gotten millions (shared with the state) was more outlandish than the murder theories

But what would be the point? His death precipitated the corporate collapse, not the other way around. If he had wanted to go to Israel, he could have just taken a first class flight there and not been extradited.

nedrapier

BB classic response from you too, attempt to be withering and dismissive without actually responding to anything at all.

winston
    Free Member

glad you appreciated it BB – perfectly willing to believe in the odd conspiracy and make no apology for it. However I’m inclined to think most of them happen along the lines of Burn after reading

CIA Superior: What did we learn, Palmer?
    CIA Officer: I don’t know, sir.
    CIA Superior: I don’t ****’ know either. I guess we learned not to do it again.
    CIA Officer: Yes, sir.
    CIA Superior: I’m **** if I know what we did.
    CIA Officer: Yes, sir, it’s, uh, hard to say

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Who killed Cock Robin ?

grum
    Free Member

Think about it, if you can’t keep the whereabouts of your cigar box a secret when only two people are party to the secret of moist tobacco how the hell can you keep an incredibly complex deception such as 9/11 or 7/7 quiet?

I’m not sure why some people seem to think the only two options are either: massive and incredibly sinister conspiracy where thousands are colluding to some evil end, or everything is always just as it seems and anyone who disagrees is a nutty conspiracy theorist.

I don’t think ‘George Bush organised 9/11 to justify war in Iraq’ for example, but that doesn’t mean I don’t also think there may well have been some pretty dodgy shit related to 9/11 that doesn’t tally with the official version of events. It’s not a black and white either/or for me.

As above, just look at documented history for all kinds of examples.

BermBandit
    Free Member

However I’m inclined to think most of them happen along the lines of Burn after reading

ditto

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Just heard Sparrow been arrested

ahwiles
    Free Member

here’s my very own conspiracy theory of what happened on 9/11

i suspect (i haven’t even convinced myself with this one) that it’s possible, that the twin towers WERE brought down on purpose, with built-in explosive charges, that were built-in during/after construction. These charges meant that the buildings could be brought down more-or-less within their own footprint in an emergency, rather than falling over like a tree, which would be much more destructive to the surrounding buildings/lower Manhattan.

and if that’s possible/feasible, then it’s also possible that other tall buildings have ‘self destruct’ demolition charges in them, so that (god forbid) they can be brought down quickly if needed.

don’t worry, i’m going home to lie down soon.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Yep Sparrow been charged with murder of Cock Robin– that should be the end of that…..for now….always the trial….

GrahamS

here’s my very own conspiracy theory of what happened on 9/11

Hmm.. your very own conspiracy theory sounds like one that a lot of other people have come up with.

Some obvious problems being:
    – who routinely places these explosive charges in tall buildings?
    – why doesn’t anyone notice?
    – surely they’d have to tell folk like the Fire Department about this or are you suggesting a secret organisation of demolition engineers does this without telling anyone? Ever?
    – Most tall building demolitions involve a lot of planning and strategic cutting through major supports to weaken them in the right direction. Did they also do that?
    – wouldn’t they have to maintain them regularly? Explosives become unstable over time don’t they?
    – what if there was just a small fire near the explosives?
    – why would you provide terrorists with a ready-made way to bring down tall buildings full of people? All they’d need would be the remote trigger codes.

So on logic alone it seems unlikely. However, I’ll return with my own 9/11 conspiracy theory: it is quite possible that Flight 93 was shot down, rather than brought down by the actions of the passenger fighting back against the hijackers.

But the latter is considerably more palatable. And now there is a Hollywood film about it so it is written indelibly as the correct historical version (just like U-571 😉 ).

CountZero

The CIA have had their grubby fingerprints all over various world events, for example the overthrow of Allende in Chile in 1973: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_Chilean_coup_d’état
    You don’t need to be a conspiracy theorist to know that, they are institutionally incapable of stopping themselves poking their noses in.
    See also Afghanistan, and more recently the gun-running into Mexico.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

nedrapier

Edit: Graham, totally with you, there’s a lot of that that doesn’t really make any sense. Or needs you to take a massive step to one side in what you thinks goes on, what group of people are happy to see in place. A bit far for me. But, there’s plenty on the other side that doesn’t make sense either.

Most tall building demolitions involve a lot of planning and strategic cutting through major supports to weaken them in the right direction.

Interesting to know why they bother to be honest, when a fire and some extra weight in the top seems to have precisely the same effect. Or some small fires and not a lot else, in the case of the other one that collapsed.

My summary: Fishy. No idea what, how or why, but there’s plenty that doesn’t add up.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 364 total)

The topic ‘Conspiracy theorys……does anyone believe them?’ is closed to new replies.