Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 364 total)
  • Conspiracy theorys……does anyone believe them?
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

As a teenager, I consumed them at a rate of knots and truly believed there were was some shadowy nonsense at work……now, well not at all.

Just wondering as there does seem to be a lot of people who believe the moon landings were faked, 9/11 was an inside job etc etc.

grum
    Free Member

Depends what you mean really. I believe quite a few things are probably not really the way they are presented in mainstream media/by the government. Also, try reading some of the published CIA records of some of the shit they got up to in S America for an example of some pretty nutty ‘conspiracies’ – and that’s only the stuff that they released under the freedom of information act.

Just generally looking at history is a fairly good way to see how realistic ‘conspiracies’ are. Unless you believe society now is fundamentally different to how it has been the last few hundred years.

GrahamS

I think the best argument against huge international conspiracies is huge incompetent governments. 😀

I suspect the real conspiracies are far more mundane.

saxabar
    Free Member

Umm, not the clearest of questions, but if you’re asking whether we are told the whole truth and nothing but the truth by our Governments then the answer is “yes”, I do believe in conspiracies.

Case 1: UK and US torture policy.

saxabar
    Free Member

huge incompetent governments

… the reason for conspiracies!

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

I was fairly skeptical about the Diana conspiracy until I watched this

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4meFC1ee7Q[/video]

My favourite one is about Belgium not existing.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Yes– they are the new religion, able to meld into anything you need or want to say.

you will need to be more specific about ‘conspiracy’ , at local or regional level its likely that lots of underhandness goes on, at national level its more difficult, at international more so again, but as for some omnipresent ‘shapeshifting’ lizard cabal — only in the movies

GrahamS

Diana conspiracy

Certainly no evidence she was unfaithful at all…

😀

chiefgrooveguru

Kaesae to the forum…

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

The thing that worries me about threads like these is how many of the contributors are new world order shills.

Those in the know can tell you that the knights Templar are the ones really pulling the strings, who are off course themselves pan-dimensional lizards, who in reality are all clones of Margaret thatcher.

CountZero

Of course, HAARP and chemtrails are a government conspiracy to control global weather, which I’m sure kaesae would agree with.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Certainly no evidence she was unfaithful at all…

There’s certainly plenty of evidence that British royalty and British aristocrats are all inbreds. Charles, Diana, and Hewitt, were all related.

And here’s another ginger aristocratic inbred …. Diana’s sister :

loum
    Free Member

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Depends what you mean really. I believe quite a few things are probably not really the way they are presented in mainstream media/by the government. Also, try reading some of the published CIA records of some of the shit they got up to in S America for an example of some pretty nutty ‘conspiracies’ – and that’s only the stuff that they released under the freedom of information act.

Just generally looking at history is a fairly good way to see how realistic ‘conspiracies’ are. Unless you believe society now is fundamentally different to how it has been the last few hundred years.

This

Kryton57

Its quite clear. Ask yourself:

a) Why hasn’t anyone been to the moon since?
    b) Is Bin Laden really dead, or actually did he actually exist as any more than as a “face” for anti terrorism propaganda?
    c) (with respect) 911 has given everyone a good reason to be in oil rich countries
    d) Where are the WMD’s?
    e) Are 29ers anything more than a alternate marketing ploy to drive revenue? 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, are we saying that all the gingers are lizards who rule the world or something? I’m confused….

Oh, and the princes look nothing like the chap she was, ahem, spending time with at a well known Chelsea gym….

Kryton57

Oh and f), the archived moon landings detail will be available out of is secretive state soon. Or will it…..

nealglover
    Free Member

Someone keeps posting “Truth Seeker” type YouTube videos on various threads, started by himself.

They seem to occasionally feature the well known King Of Conspiracy Theorists (and complete nutjob) Alex Jones.

So at least one person on here has been taken in by the “Truth Seeker” Conspiracy Theory Cult

Kryton57

Alex Jones?

seadog101

Conspiracy theorys……does anyone believe them?

Conspiracy Theorists???

deluded
    Free Member

I hear that next month the mag will include a free aluminum foil deflector beanie. The AFDB is a proven guerrilla tactic against the government’s invasive tactics. Only for Premier members though.

Klunk
    Free Member

cy from cotic is behind the recent spate of caravaning spam mail.

nealglover
    Free Member

Kryton, no. Not that one 🙂

This one:

MrWoppit
    Free Member
    scuzz
    Free Member

My favourite was the BlackOps SONAR tests that killed a load of whales and a mermaid. Damn thing was covered up, but some scientists did some tests and recovered a body and did a show about it on Discovery Channel. Interesting stuff and makes a load of sense when you watch it. I didn’t mind about the lack of actual hard evidence, because they used CGI which is so real it’s basically the same, and there was a well in-depth narrative about mermaids in folklore, the amount of stuff on mermaids means they pretty much have to exist, right?
    Ask yourself this. How do we all know what mermaids look like? If we evolved from the water, how do we know we all came out the water and that some of us didn’t get at it with fish or whatever?

yunki
    Free Member

Ask yourself this. How do we all know what mermaids look like? If we evolved from the water, how do we know we all came out the water and that some of us didn’t get at it with fish or whatever?

exactly

tang
    Free Member

David Ike stayed at our house when I was young, the tape to tape recorder was doing odd things and he claimed things like this always happened where he went! I think the heads just needed a clean.
    I’ve had the Queen Mother put her arms around me(I was 6), she smelt overpoweringly of roses and I was petrified like I’ve never been before or since.
    Of course there are things going on that we are not party, I know that for sure, but how I know might be deemed illegal so I’m keeping quiet!

rudebwoy
    Free Member

‘ve had the Queen Mother put her arms around me(I was 6), she smelt overpoweringly of roses and I was petrified like I’ve never been before or since.

yes the smell of rancid piss is pretty strong

twohats
    Free Member

My favourite is the Paul McCartney dead conspiracy.

Lifer
    Free Member

Wembley Arena believes enough people believe:

Spin
    Free Member

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said you grew out of it.

Spin
    Free Member

Depends what you mean really. I believe quite a few things are probably not really the way they are presented in mainstream media/by the government.

This is just natural scepticism not conspiracy theory.

Kryton57

Lifer – Member
    Wembley Arena believes enough people like to point and laugh

FTFY

Junkyard
    Free Member

He does look like a cadaver – are you sure there is no truth in it?

BigJohn

All conspiracy theories are false (and all workplace rumours are true).

The reason being that all the hundreds and thousands of conspirators would have to have kept their mouths shut all this time. And that’s never going to happen.

My favourite Kennedy fact is that because Jackie Kennedy got Alzheimers she was the only person who couldn’t remember where she was when he was shot.

grum
    Free Member

The reason being that all the hundreds and thousands of conspirators would have to have kept their mouths shut all this time. And that’s never going to happen.

Not in all cases. And there are plenty of examples of lots of people keeping their mouths shut, see Hillsborough for one.

The Gulf of Tonkin incident is quite an interesting one too.

BigJohn

Yes, my point egzakkerly. Many did, but many didn’t. There aren’t any credible Kennedy/Moon Landing blabbers.

br
    Free Member

All conspiracy theories are false (and all workplace rumours are true).

This one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_Unburied#Conspiracy_theories

Why would there be a DA-Notice 05 in place?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dunblane-Unburied-Sandra-Uttley/dp/1905553056

jimsmith
    Free Member

i have a theory that conspiracy theories are in fact a conspiracy to divert susceptible peoples attentions away from the real cover ups which are often (as previously pointed out) far more mundane.

There is a tendency in alternative circles to exaggerate issues and to try to outdo each others ideas as to what is really going on/they are not telling us and it ends up with stupid stuff which is obviously BS.

This has the effect of discrediting its proponents even if there is some truth in what they say as they are unable to get sensible people past the way out there bits.

A good example is the aeroplane contrail/chemtrails issue.
    The first (contrails) is a recognisied problem causing global dimming, a concept many people no little about.
    The second (chemtrails) is laughable to anyone with a science/engineering background (or in fact anyone with a shred of common sense)

so my question is how feasible is it that there is a certain amount of subterfuge going on in the underground media/protest/conspiracy scene bearing in mind what we now know about these movements being infiltrated by those from law enforcement/government and automated forum posting/trolling.

nealglover
    Free Member

bearing in mind what we now know about these movements being infiltrated by those from law enforcement/government and automated forum posting/trolling.

What do we now know ?

(Genuine question by the way)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 364 total)

The topic ‘Conspiracy theorys……does anyone believe them?’ is closed to new replies.