Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • conspiracy theory #482957392830973380c (Bin Laden / recession content)
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Did Bin Laden trigger the global recession on 11/09/2001, forcing the western worlds leaders to spend their funds fighting terror and in the process break their banks? Was that his intention? To bring the west to its knees financially, knowing that he could never do it through warfare.

[Sips beer]

flow
    Free Member

Who give a ****

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

You mean he trolled GWB et al into bombing the west into a recession. That would be an epic troll.

scaredypants

Nah, surely buying and selling munitions is just the same as buying any disposable shite (like bike chains) – still keeps industry moving and money flowing

he did it by buying property in the midwest USA, knowing full well that he’d never manage the payments

and then by fiendishly clever repackaging of these debts for dickheaded “super-traders” to buy and sell to each other

highclimber
    Free Member

shhh, don’t let David Icke hear about this theory!

totalshell

came across one today whilst doing my kids homework with her.. NOT a conspiracy theory believer but i do now ask this question..if the lunar lander was too flimsy to test in earths atmosphere, and the boosters it used for take off and landing on the moon too small to move it in earths atmosphere.. what and how did they test them never mind do all the ‘test flights’ that NASA professes to have done..

scaredypants

maybe they tested the system on a lighter mock-up of the vehicle, to simulate the lower gravity on the moon

then again, that flag ….. 😉

Garry_Lager

He really did do that, yes. Whether it was his intention – probably in general terms but it seems really doubtful that he could have explicitly envisaged the economic impact of 9/11.

There was an article in the guardian about this the other month – saying if Bin Laden wanted to wage jihad and convert the Western world to Islam then he was in for a long wait. But if he wanted to smash capitalism, the West’s ‘way of life’ from a certain perspective, then he struck a serious blow.

qwerty
    Free Member

A man called Lager agrees, that’s all the proof I need 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

In 2001 the world was wiping soap droplets off its face from the bursting of the dotcom bubble. Sept 11th helped things along, quite clearly.

I have no idea why everyone wants to ascribe such Machiavellian genius to the guy, when really all he did was whip people up into an extremist frenzy then persuade them to fly planes into buildings, just to piss us off.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

But if he wanted to smash capitalism, the West’s ‘way of life’ from a certain perspective, then he struck a serious blow.

So it was Bin Laden who deregulated the banks which facilitated the recklessness of greedy incompetent bankers, spivs, and speculators; and which allowed the paradox of overproduction and underconsumption to crush global capitalism ? The man was a genius, no doubt about it.

I’m also impressed with how he managed to ensure that Greece and Italy would be included in the Eurozone – presumably the final blow in his cunning plan to topple capitalism.

So there you have it, there’s nothing wrong with capitalism – as a system it works just fine. Just as long as you don’t allow terrorists to mess about with it.

Hopefully it’s too late to learn the lesson, otherwise I guess we’re all gonna be living in an Islamic non-capitalist world. A bit like Saudi Arabia probably.

Junkyard
    Free Member

if the lunar lander was too flimsy to test in earths atmosphere, and the boosters it used for take off and landing on the moon too small to move it in earths atmosphere.. what and how did they test them never mind do all the ‘test flights’ that NASA professes to have done

they did not test any of it real conditions untill they sent it to the moon.
    I assume they worked out what they needed to leave the moon and built the rockets to that spec and ensured they could do it here ie x amount of force for x long. Maths and stuff etc

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You did need to have balls the size of the moon to trust the math if you were Gagarin or Armstong though…

Ewan
    Free Member

Lunar lander test vehicle.

scaredypants

A bit like Saudi Arabia probably

I bloody love warmth and sunshine ! 8)

(it’s why I come here, obviously)

chewkw
    Free Member

LOL! 😆

konabunny
    Free Member

In 2001 the world was wiping soap droplets off its face from the bursting of the dotcom bubble. Sept 11th helped things along, quite clearly.

Except it didn’t. The US and global economies were not significantly negatively affected by 9/11 – if anything, there was a stimulating effect from increased government spending in the high-tech sector (which took the edge off the dotcom bomb), significant military recruitment and military supplier spending which sustained domestic consumption and a radical reduction in the square footage of A and B class office space in Manhattan, preventing what would have otherwise been a glut of supply to which all the major investment banks and private capital firms were exposed.

http://www.businessweek.com/investor/content/sep2002/pi20020911_9556.htm

The current GFC is driven by unsustainable credit-driven consumer spending in the US (not government expenditure, which is adequately serviced despite partisan theatre in Congress) and by unsustainable credit-driven government spending in PIIGS (none of which were significantly involved in TWOT).

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Nasa tested the hell out of the Lunar Module before it went to the moon, there were other Apollo flights before Apollo 11 you know, that’s why it was called Apollo 11. 😆

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘conspiracy theory #482957392830973380c (Bin Laden / recession content)’ is closed to new replies.