• This topic has 45 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by mlke.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Considering changing back to gripshift after 15 years am i mad?
  • njee20
    Free Member

Loving my xo grip shifts. Running them 10 speed with XTR shifters.

What do you mean? You’re running 9 speed X.0 shifters on a 10 speed block with an XTR rear mech? 9 speed or 10? By all logic that really shouldn’t work 😕

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I’m using an X0 front shifter since developing pain in my thumb aggrevated by shifting. I’ve noticed I shift less and ride in middle ring (big ring in my 2×9 set up) more.

It’s noisey, but maybe because it is still new. One thing I dont lik is the fact it isnt indexed, so I shift and then have to click again to stop the front mech rubbing on the chain. Maybe experience will teach me how many clicks to turn to shift up and down effectively.

Obviously I dont get the benefits of being able to shift multiple gears at a time on the front.

If my thumb heals up, I’ll probably go back to triggers. I find it hard shifting into the small ring quickly, say when dropping in and out of a stream bed whether things are a bit techie. Maybe I just need more practice.

They are cheap though, worth a go IMO.

njee20
    Free Member

It’s noisey, but maybe because it is still new. One thing I dont lik is the fact it isnt indexed, so I shift and then have to click again to stop the front mech rubbing on the chain. Maybe experience will teach me how many clicks to turn to shift up and down effectively.

They don’t get quieter, they are fairly noisy it must be said!

The 10 speed ones are indexed, perhaps look at changing your shifter, designed for doubles too.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Thanks NJee – maybe setting the stops more precisely would help too (just bought the X0 pair, and not using the rear shifter, so bit reluctant to buy a new X0 2×10 front so soon)

Hang on…..is there really a specific 2×10 front gripshifter out there?

shortcut

Njee – running 10 speed. Shifters have been rebuilt by Fantic26.de and work perfectly!

mlke
    Free Member

I run grip shift on my main two bikes X-0 and X-9. I find they make nice crisp shifts, work better in gloop than my old shimano set up. The only problem I’ve had is that they don’t seem compatible with some brake levers.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Considering changing back to gripshift after 15 years am i mad?’ is closed to new replies.