Viewing 17 posts - 481 through 497 (of 497 total)
  • Conservative Friends of Israel
  • Lifer
    Free Member

Have you found a breakdown of the rocket attacks that supports that bar chart yet, Jambalya?

grum
    Free Member

Hamas could have avoided all this by not provoking a conflict by spending the first 6 months of 2014 firing more and more rockets. If you instigate a conflict against a much more powerful enemy this is how its going to end.

3 murders, committed by unknown assailants were the actual given reason for this conflict – the PM called for ‘vengeance’ I believe – and that’s apparently reasonable justification for killing and injuring thousands of civilians, destroying thousands of homes, and grabbing huge swathes of land to build illegal settlements.

And you wonder why people call you a scumbag when you consistently defend this kind of behaviour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_punishment

Hamas Israel could have avoided all this by not provoking a conflict by illegally grabbing land

FTFY.

crankboy
    Free Member

“Israel could have avoided all this by not provoking a conflict by illegally grabbing land”
    That really is the heart of this , but that is in part our fault for giving in to the original Israeli terrorists and giving them a ” homeland ” on someone else’s land if we had dealt with them the way that now treat Hammas would we now have this intractable problem? Obviously if we had done what Israel does and lumped the terrorists together with the wider Jewish population we would have been no better than the Nazis we had just defeated.

crankboy
    Free Member

“Israel could have avoided all this by not provoking a conflict by illegally grabbing land”
    That really is the heart of this , but that is in part our fault for giving in to the original Israeli terrorists and giving them a ” homeland ” on someone else’s land if we had dealt with them the way that now treat Hammas would we now have this intractable problem? Obviously if we had done what Israel does and lumped the terrorists together with the wider Jewish population we would have been no better than the Nazis we had just defeated.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Speaking of Nazis, strange just how influential the Bush Family have been on history:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/sep/25/usa.secondworldwar

not forgetting the profits made in 2 generations of war in Iraq.

Strange how U.S. and UK have such close links to Israel and on foreign policy in general…

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Whoa now:

http://www.wrexham.com/news/ten-wrexham-councillors-leave-labour-group-47563.html

may be relevant with reference to this:

OK, soooo, back to paedophile spy rings;

I appreciate the concept sounds bonkers, but given Elm Guest House, Kincora and strong suggestions that the home office has something to hide on Jersey, I’ve been doing plenty of delving. Amongst the various interesting tidbits I’ve found, this really stands out:

http://brynalynvictims.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/andrea-davidson-speaks-out-north-wales.html

Of course, I can’t personally verify all allegations presented, but the statement above has been presented to the Macur review:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-22941356

Hard to fathom the evil that would allow this, but as we’ve seen, people in power are prepared to go to war for their own gain; human lives are just another commodity.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Cameron’s words on ISIS today. Israel feels just the same way about Hamas.

This country will never give into terrorism. The only was to defeat it is to stand firm, a county like ours will not be cowered by these barbaric cowards. If they think we will weaken in the face of their threats they are mistaken, we will be more forthright

BBC: Cameron Statement

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

To sell weapons, what kind of advertising is used to create a market?

Steven Sotloff?

James Foley?

Lee Rigby?

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5320/mi5-and-mi6-tell-mps-to-censor-key-report-on-lee-rigby-s-killers

Given Sotloff’s dual US/Israeli citizenry, will Netanyahu be readying Israels vast US funded arsenal for a ‘reasonable response’?

Is the JIDF real?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Lifer the data came from the IDF as you know. There is also the Wiki source you gave and there is information on the Arab news website Al-Monitor – they reported 130 rockets in March alone, this was the figure the Palastianians claimed to have fired. As I said in response to your post whether you take the IDF numbers or the ones you gave either are sufficient to justify a response. Then we have the extensive network of 30+ attack tunnels, that in itself warrants a response.

Did you see the link I posted to how the Egyptians are clearing houses/land in Rafa on the border with Gaza to strengthen their blockade to prevent Hamas rearming and building a network of influence on the Egpytian side of the border ?

Lifer
    Free Member

No I don’t know, there’s only a bar-chart.

Link to the Al-Monitor article please I can’t find it.

wwaswas

how the Egyptians are clearing houses/land in Rafa on the border with Gaza to strengthen their blockade

because the US threatened to remove aid payments if they didn’t.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Soltoff is a very very brave man to have gone into Syria to cover the war there.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@wwaswas – Egypt made their own mind up about Hamas, as soon as they took power in Gaza they shut the border. Egypt wants to see the PA in control in Gaza, it is doing all it can to squeeze out Hamas.

By the way the US funds the UNWRA to the tune of $250m pa, almost all of this is spent on Palestinians including in Gaza (29,500 employees).

wwaswas

almost all of this is spent on Palestinians including in Gaza

It’ll be all those repairs to facilities the Israelis have bombed…

jambalaya
    Free Member

It has been confirmed Sotloff was a joint Israeli / US citizen and Jewish. Extra-ordinarily brave for him to travel to Syria to cover the civil war there and the suffering of the population.

New Yorker Magazine

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Yep, his Israeli citizenship makes him far braver and more worthy of front page news 🙄

How about Bassam Al-Rayess?

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/bassam-alrayess-and-the-other-victims-of-isis–gyM_eW5xNx

jambalaya
    Free Member

@jive, the only point I was making that as a Jew going into a civil war in a Muslim country such as Syria (given the history) is particularly dangerous. There have been people released, normally Turks or Italians from what I can gather.

Yes we should remember Bassam

This story was interesting too, he was lucky Turkish Journalist held by ISIS

Viewing 17 posts - 481 through 497 (of 497 total)

The topic ‘Conservative Friends of Israel’ is closed to new replies.