Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Connecting Power Mac G5 without wireless to wireless router
  • BigJohn

I’m going to be getting an old Power Mac G5 next week and it seems silly not to use it as it’s better than my ratty old XP PC that is getting ridiculously slow.

It’s my daughter’s who’s moving flats and hasn’t got enough room for it, alongside all her other Apple laptops and stuff.

I’m assuming its going to be OK as she’s a graphic designer and its what she used to use for her photoshopping and other creative work.

I’m also assuming that it won’t be able to connect to the wireless router we have at home (Virgin Cable Netgear Wireless Gateway) so what do I need to connect up?

Can I get a wireless mouse for these things as well?

Cheers for the help in advance.

grueller
    Free Member

ethernet cable from back of router to back of mac, cheapest solution. If it’s not too intrusive. Save messing about with airports, etc.

BigJohn

Yes but as it’s on castors I thought I would like to take it in the other room when MrsBigJohn’s using the desk near the router. And plug it into the amp to get some music going.

jonk

Powerline adapters

klumpy
    Free Member

You can get USB wireless dongles. Even for a Mac! 🙂
    (Does the laptop have USB?)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Connecting Power Mac G5 without wireless to wireless router’ is closed to new replies.