Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Connecting garage to house?? Planning regulations advice…
  • huggis
    Free Member

My property consists of a detached house and double garage 2 meters apart. The side door into the house faces the side door into the garage. I am considering building small hall way / porch to connect the house and garage together which will also include a new external door. Does anyone know if installing a fireproof door in place of the existing garage side door is sufficient to comply with regulations or does the entire garage need to be lined with fire resistant materials etc. Thanks all…

boxelder

Our garage (built 2005) is part of the house – door to utility room and below bathroom and bedroom. Just bare block walls in garage. Nothing special.
    Just ring your local buildings control officer (council and ask for BC)

TheBrick
    Free Member

Go to planning portal and checkout part b

sharkbait
    Free Member

I may be wrong but I suspect the garage floor ‘may’ need to be lower than the house floor.

Edit: just checked…. yep garage floor should be a min of 100mm below living accommodation floor level to meet building regs.

wrightyson
    Free Member

You’ll probably find that if it’s 2m away it’ll be lower anyway. Just get it built.

cb

why does a garage floor have to be lower?

cbike
    Free Member

Flooding, gas, fuel leaks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Connecting garage to house?? Planning regulations advice…’ is closed to new replies.