Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • connecting AC cables in trunking, what connector?
  • lakesrider
    Free Member

My wife wanted the tv mounting on the wall, which is done, but now i need to tidy the cables up.

Problems is the tv power cable isnt long enough to go in the nice neat route i want it to, so i’ll need to extend it.

I could chop the cable just behind the tv and use a 5A cable connector, but would rather chop the cable nearer the plug end. If i do this though i’m not sure what small connector to use inside the trunking. In the bad old days i’d have just used a couple of those little connector block things wrapped in insulating tape, but somehow this seems less safe now!

Is there a recommended connector for using inside trunking?

nickjb
    Free Member

wago maintenance free. A bit like choccy bloc but better

RustyMac

can you not just cable a socket up to behind the TV?

That way you can easily remove or replace the TV if and when it is required.

Also you increase the chance of signal interference running a power cable and signal cables right next to one another in some trunking.

stevehine

can you not just buy a longer cable – or is it a direct connection into the tv?

If it’s the latter; I’d be sorely tempted to fit a decent inline connector at the tv end and get a matching longer lead.

stevehine

Or as Rusty Mac says; run a socket up to behind the tv…

russ295
    Free Member

What’s wrong with blocks wrapped in insulating tape? As long as there accessible, just use the correct rating for the load.
    Or as said wagos or crimped.

lakesrider
    Free Member

ah yes, hadn’t though of running a socket up to behind the tv, but yeah i could do this 😳

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘connecting AC cables in trunking, what connector?’ is closed to new replies.