Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • “Congratulations Mr Peat! The most winningest racer in DH history” on front page
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE’RE NOT AMERICANS!!!!!!

WINNINGEST IS NOT A WORD!!!!!

This a a UK mag, AND THIS IS LIKE like someone scraping their fingernails down a blackboard…… HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE GET RID OF IT!!!!

fbk
    Free Member

Do you not think a tongue might have been in a cheek somewhere when that headline was written?

darrell
    Free Member

it is a word actually – superlative form of winning

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mAx_hEadSet

Well at least we can all be pleased the winningest downhiller is not American which probably annoys the yanks more than any amount of scraping fingers down their blackboard or abuse of our language will do.

First they discover they cant win at cross country, now they can’t win at downhill or 4x, other than American Football and Doping there is not much they are really good at where the results are more than about how much money you spend. It’s time they go invent another world class sport.

clubber
    Free Member

WackoAK
    Free Member

PP – thoroughly agree even though I suspect they are being ironic it still grates.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Congratulations Peter Poddy – The whiniest poster in history !!!!

😉

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Shouldn’t that be whiningest?

matthew_h
    Free Member

He’s Dr (Hon) Peat too, it we’re being really pedantic, lol

doof_doof
    Free Member

No worse than most of the people on here who refer to a fork as a pair/set of forks.

thepodge
    Free Member

PIN Number anyone?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

PIN is an abbreviation

Some Americanisms I can handle, but I don’t gives rats ass where anyones tongue is, that simply sounds like somebody dumb who has no clue trying to sound trendy
    To borrow a phrase I read the other day – STW has just donned a beige Cardigan and tartan slippers and is now dancing very badly in a room full of teenagers

thepodge
    Free Member

yeah I know it is but how many times do you get asked to put in your PIN number?

the guy i used to sit opposite at work thought writ was the past tense of write.

people are just stupid

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

you iz whingetastic innit ?

PIN is an abbreviation

PIN is an acronym ie word made up of initials. It’s also a TLA (Three Letter Acronym)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I see what you mean – “personal identification number number”

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

the guy i used to sit opposite at work thought writ was the past tense of write.

he was right 🙂

Recall a bloke called Shakespeare ?
    “the moving hand, having writ, moves on”

people are just stupid

including many who think others are stupid ?

DezB
    Free Member

but I don’t gives rats ass

Gee man,I hope you were being ironic there, dude. Or I’ll be pissed at you. 😯

cynic-al
    Free Member

Some of this stuff greats on me.

I like to use some of it to annoy folk though…a favourite is “For your FYI…”

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Some of this stuff greats on me

intentional irony I take it ?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but I don’t gives rats ass where anyones tongue is

is that legal ? Not my choice of bedroom game anyway…

MussEd
    Free Member

If I’m not wrong that prize tit Rob Warner spouted “winningest” out when they realised Peat had won on Sunday during Freecaster’s broadcast? Maybe a wee piss-take of him PP? Would that placate you any?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think PP (or SPAMBotty as I like to think of him*) is more annoyed by the word than by who said it…

* having circulated his email address book to everyone in it today 🙂

Drac

I think PP (or SPAMBotty as I like to think of him*) is more annoyed by the word than by who said it…

* having circulated his email address book to everyone in it today

That made me lol can we use lol on a PP thread?

Is lol ok still or are people getting frustrated and I should type the full phrase?

Honestly who gives a shit if someone says enter you PIN number instead of PIN.

MussEd
    Free Member

SFB I am certainly not about to enter into an afternoon of pedantic debate with you, was merely pointing out one possible reason for the STW author using the offensive word. Thank you.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

demand they call it your “pie number” ?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

SFB I am certainly not about to enter into an afternoon of pedantic debate with you

well, excuse me, but surely the funniest bit is when people post poorly spelt/grammared criticisms of other’s* usage ??

* it took me several minutes to decide where to put that apostrophe as I suppose the meaning could be an other’s or multiple others’s. In speech one would just say “others” and everyone would understand 🙂

edit: and I apologise for “grammared” but it seemed the most appropriate usage in context…

MussEd
    Free Member

I think it should be others’

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think it should be others’

on reflection I agree 🙂 I was using the general case

MussEd
    Free Member

See? A nice quick pedantic debate is much better all round.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

LCD display
    CAD design

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

How’s this for an irritating acronym?

RudeBoy = “Really Unpleasant Degenerate Elephant Bonking Overweight Youf” ??

sorry RB, I couldn’t resist :o)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Oi! I’m not overweight! It’s just winter plumage…

SFB = Seedy Felching Bugger.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I knew that would happen 🙁

Oi! I’m not overweight!

nor exactly a “youf” I believe (except compared to me)

jamesca
    Free Member

sometimes i wonder what it would be like to be as uptight as some people on here, suppose i could just sew up my anus (so to retain everything) give it a couple of years and find my answer.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

sometimes i wonder what it would be like to be as uptight as some people on here

might it not rather be that we like any opportunity to take the piss out of each other ?

jamesca
    Free Member

i was mainly refering to the OP

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

i was mainly refering to the OP

but SPAMBotty is a well known windup artist :o)
    [and only able to communicate vocally in strangled grunts and screams]

MussEd
    Free Member

jamesca – you missed an r in referring! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! LOL!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I knew that would happen

The door was left wide open! I had no option, really..

Jamesca; it’s a forum. You can choose to be as uptight or laid back as you want, it don’t necessarily mean you’re like that in real life. You can pretend to be all worked up about something, to get a reaction. Or not. I think the really uptight ones are those who take it too seriously, and believe people are really like that.

For example, I’m far worse…

MussEd
    Free Member

no need. sorry.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘“Congratulations Mr Peat! The most winningest racer in DH history” on front page’ is closed to new replies.