Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Confusion surrounding 12x135mm rear axle
  • speedstar

So i’m about to receive a hope pro evo 2 hub in the post and am planning sticking it on my new meta 5.5 frame I also have coming in the post, which takes either 135×10 or 135x12mm bolt-thru. I have ordered the 12mm bolt-thru hope conversion kit. My assumption is that I will also need an actual 12mmx135mm axle to go inside the hollow, er, axle? Is this correct or am I missing something? I can’t seem to see them anywhere available online is the thing.

Thanks for any insights..

stevomcd
    Free Member

Should be supplied with the frame.

JohnnyPanic

Meta frames don’t usually come with a 12mm bolt unless you’ve specified it or the seller is supplying it.
    The Hope conversion kit will allow the hub to take a 12mm axle (bolt through).
    You’ll also need the 12mm dropouts for the frame (both sides) and a 12mm bolt through axle or Maxle.

speedstar

Thanks folks. I’ve ordered the 10mm conversion kit and a dt swiss 10mm qr axle. Hoping it’s all going to fit together! My belief is commencal will send both a 10mm and 12mm drop out but I’m not certain of this. Anyone any experience of this?

JohnnyPanic

Well even if it only comes with QR dropouts you should be OK with your 10mm parts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Confusion surrounding 12x135mm rear axle’ is closed to new replies.