Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Confused (item return etiquette)
  • onehundredthidiot

So bought a pair of carbon soled road shoes, great bit of kit but the sole has cracked/delaminated on one, so not so great, but expensive enough to make me want to get it sorted.
    Well the lbs is now not so l so after a bit of email action I’ve sent them off. They will send them to some reprentative of the Annecy based company who will assess them and, according to interweb scuttlebug, possible fail to honour the warranty.

So two annoying points; I’m back to comparitvely rubbish shoes while they are away for an undefined amount of time (depending on weather possible not wearing them again this year) AND i may well be out of pocket when the result comes back because it is impossible to levitate and you apparently void the warranty if the sole is marked.

leffeboy

Well I’m confused anyway

Edric64
    Free Member

+1

Jamie
    Free Member

So Mavic knew the guy was an undercover cop the whole time?

I did not see that coming.

Northwind

We’re quite tolerant of slow warranty service with bikes… People would go mad if they were left with no car for months while the company made them a new one. You even hear people talking about buying new frames while their main frame is off for warranty, crazy nonsense.

onehundredthidiot

To simplify shoes bust, sent off, company will probably not honour warranty. So out of pocket and will have to wait a good few weeks before thinking about getting amother pair of decent shoes. In case they do honour it

thepurist

Read up on the sale of goods act – that’ll clarify what the shop can and can’t get away with. Then its up to you to decide how heavy you get with them regarding repair/replacement/refund.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Confused (item return etiquette)’ is closed to new replies.