Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Confused .com
  • Ti29er
    Free Member

I finally took the plunge.
    Now I'm several hundred pounds better off after 2x car, plus content's insurance & breakdown cover.
    And smug to boot!

Meaning I can redecorate most of the house now 🙁

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Misses got her renewal notice a couple of weeks ago from Sheilas Wheels. The best deal from Confused.com was £100 cheaper from guess who- Sheilas Wheels. They couldn't understand how her renewal could have been so high compared ot the Confused.com price- yeah sure. I guess that ploy must work with some people who automatically renew. Result £100 saved.

I have to say Confused.com is in my experience more effective than Comparethemarket.

z1ppy

Have to say my 'renewal' from churchill has beaten confused.com, and compare the meerkat.com's offers.
    I was quite surprised.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

I tried to use confused.com for my renewal last year and it was shite, moneysupermarket is better and the ads are marginally less annoying! 😉

fadda

Have we reached a point where we have to shop around all these aggregator sites that were predicated on helping us to not have to shop around…?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Have we reached a point where we have to shop around all these aggregator sites that were predicated on helping us to not have to shop around…?

Perhaps it is time for http://www.comparethecomparethemarkettypewebsite.com?

mudshark
    Free Member

Well there is this!

http://www.megashopbot.com/

Andy-W
    Free Member

The best bit is the neverending phone calls that you will start to get…for ever …and ever…and ever….

Olly
    Free Member

all price comparison websites charge a percentage for the service which IS passed on to you.

how have you managed to SAVE money by using one?
    my car insurance is ALWAYS about 200 quid cheaper than the lowest they can quote.

how?

do it the hard, proper way, phone the companies, get a quote for your specific situation, not a generic tick box situation, and play them off against each other!

personally, Elephant and Swift cover. they ended up bidding each other down until Swift wouldnt beat Elephant this year and i went back to Elephant.

DezB
    Free Member

how have you managed to SAVE money by using one?

Well mine was £200 cheaper than I was paying + it was with RAC so included breakdown, so I didn't have to pay RAC membership anymore. I call that saving! And whenever I tried DirectLine they were more expensive despite their claims. what they say in their adverts.
    Have you actually had to claim from Elephant yet? Bloke at work had all sorts of problems. I think they keep their costs down by not paying out for claims!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

do it the hard, proper way, phone the companies, get a quote for your specific situation, not a generic tick box situation, and play them off against each other!

And how much is your time worth?

Olly
    Free Member

certainly not as much as yours MF.

im pretty sure a fair percentage of people on here could claim to be on over £200 an hour.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

certainly not as much as yours MF.

How on earth could you know that?

And alas no, I earn nothing like £200 an hour.

Olly
    Free Member

"lol", i didnt say you were, and your initial (predictable) comment indicates that its worth more than mine.

I know many people who "earn so much money its not cost effective to shop around for anything" and im sure there are plenty here.

point was, an hour on the phone can save a fair whack.
    maybe they will try and side step paying in an accident, but by going with a specific setup, it reduces the opertunities for them to not payup.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

just used confused for the first time and saved £80, bollocks to decorating, got £853 for the montesa off ebay on saturday, £46 for a trials helmet and £40 for a bike stand… all going to the full susser fund 😆

uplink
    Free Member

The best bit is the neverending phone calls that you will start to get…for ever …and ever…and ever

why would anyone in their right mind put a valid phone number in the quote request?

LadyGresley
    Free Member

What a load of rubbish!!! Got some great quotes for my car insurance from confused.com, but every single one (of the cheap ones), when I clicked through to the company's websites, were about double!!! A complete con!!

Ti29er
    Free Member

It saved heaps of time.
    You try getting car insurance as a photographer / musician / actor and a few more besides.
    They all assume you have a Madonna in the car with you and the rear seats have supermodels strapped in!
    Some companies won't even quote. Some are in the thousands of pounds.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

It just wasted my time! Lots of quotes that were wrong is not much use!

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Last time i used the phone to shop around for insurance, i saved over £1500 compared to the confused.com etc quotes. Websites also seem to quote me less for a 911 GT3 than a 1.9 Transporter.

br
    Free Member

We vary between Tesco Value and Elephant, currently both cars are with Elephant.

And amusingly both cost near enough the same to insure (fully comp with business cover and large excesses) – a Freelander Diesel and a BMW 535i!

I still believe its 90% driver influenced, as we are both insured for each others' cars.

DezB
    Free Member

saved over £1500

blimey, you must be a teenager, or have a really bad driving history!

Ti29er
    Free Member

The trials & tribulations of having a performance vehicle.
    SLW – you choose to drive a 1.9 transporter!

starseven
    Free Member

Aggregators are really just the modern day broker. Only with one twist, they have no responsibility to make sure you are correctly insured.

When a lot of financial service became non advised it became the buyers responsibility to get it right. You will often not know you had some thing wrong until you claim.

Premiums are going up, the smart companies dont want less than a1 customers. Although they often want to build up a book or attract certain types of risk Generally if you get an amazing premium the details are either wrong or the insurer has miscalculated the risk.
    Better hope its the latter.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Confused .com’ is closed to new replies.