• This topic has 22 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by chip.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Confused about the UK
  • peterfile
    Free Member

That is actually very funny 🙂

I like the (rather unappreciated) response to this one:

Verbally downplaying reality. 3 soldiers in a trench with a whole enemy division advancing towards them? “We’re in a bit of a pickle.” In World War 2the Korean War, British people actually died because of not being frank about the trouble they’re in on the radio.

Us Brits are so sarcastic, negativity is on an inverse scale.
    We say something is slightly amiss, it’s probably the moon that is missing. We say we’re coughing our lungs out dying, it’s just the 3rd cold of the season.

I will give utter shit to some of my friends, and likewise them me, for literally anything, but the people I despise most are those I will treat with apparent respect – what better way to get at the person who’d love to be mad at you than to give them every reason to thank/appreciate you?

Also:

Scousers. Why do they dress like russians and what language do they speak ?

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Over several years I have come to believe that the Daily Mail is simply a very clever avant-garde piece of fiction or possibly satire of itself.

😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

I kept a straight face until CitizenTed’s road signs complaint, then the wheels came off.

shermer75
    Free Member

That’s Numberwang!!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjOZtWZ56lc[/video]

slowoldman

A fairly astute summation of Mrs Brown’s Boys there.

njee20
    Free Member

Some excellent ones there! Good find!

squirrelking
    Free Member

My nightmares still revolve around the fat chav with anal warts. That ring looked like it had bad teeth. I turned the show off and never watched it again.

CountZero

Comedy gold! Surroundedbyhills, thank you for that, I’ve saved it to my home screen for later consumption and enjoyment! 😀

twang
    Free Member

[–]DS818 1772 points 5 days ago
    Hot day? Looks like it’s time for boiling hot tea

[–]ClintHammer 111 points 4 days ago
    It got to 100 once (literally once) and the news was talking about how people were just literally (literally) dropping dead.

[–]SleepyHarry 203 points 4 days ago
    100?! That’s enough to boil water!

[–]Mutoid 10 points 4 days ago
    Well then! Sounds like it’s time to make tea!

😀

peterfile
    Free Member

ahahahahahahah twang that is bloody excellent! I’ve just literally spat my tea all over my keyboard! 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member
    piemonster

Liked 😀

kudos100
    Free Member

Some real comedy gems on there 😀

JulianA
    Free Member

You don’t need to be confused about the UK.

Let me explain. It’s really, really shit.

If you don’t agree, please don’t leave as those if us who know that it is will be disappointed to find you wherever we end up.

Cougar

British English is easy if you buy into it. The trick is, words are nothing and context / tone of voice is key. “Mate” and “C-word” can be terms of affection of aggression depending on delivery. I could call someone a hatstand or an overcoat for the difference the actual words meant.

chip
    Free Member

British English is easy if you buy into it. The trick is, words are nothing and context / tone of voice is key. “Mate” and “C-word” can be terms of affection of aggression depending on delivery. I could call someone a hatstand or an overcoat for the difference the actual words meant.

That is why you should never text a girlfriend when drunk , especially if she is a member of polite society.
    I texted one posh bird I was seeing that I was looking forward to her pleasuring me with her nakedness. She was advised by her friends to drop me as I was obviously a pervert.

I was seeing another girl who did not understand profanities could be terms of endearment if said in a certain tone.
    She broke up with me saying it was just not working.
    When I asked her why she said you keep telling me to **** off.
    And I replied, **** off, then after a brief moment of realisation got my coat and left.

That’s why you got to love lee evens relationship with his good lady, I am sure a day does not pass with out him telling her to F off, or her calling him a ****. 😀

njee20
    Free Member

I was seeing another girl who did not understand profanities could be terms of endearment if said in a certain tone.

I’m not sure tell someone to **** off is ever a term of endearment, it’s merely not necessarily as hostile as it seems…

ahwiles
    Free Member

my wife often tells me she’s going to ****ing kill me.

chip
    Free Member

‘m not sure tell someone to **** off is ever a term of endearment,

it isn’t but that fact I felt I could speak freely was a sign of endearment 😀 I never said it as in go away more as “I don’t believe you” if told a tall story, or “no way” if something shamazing had happened that day. It’s a phrase with many meanings to me depending how I say it and I use often amongst friends and probably never in the correct sense. She was no angel her last boyfriend used to start fights (not with her) when drunk while out and she used to finish them, nails she was (not face like a bag of but hard as) 😀

njee20
    Free Member

shamazing

Sounds like she dodged a bullet.

z1ppy

[–]y_13
    Chavs. How did that happen?

[–]Sonos
    Calling them “the poor” fell out of favour.

😉

chip
    Free Member

Sounds like she dodged a bullet.

😀

First and only time I have ever used that word, honest m’lud.
    But it served its purpose so I will not apologise for it.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Confused about the UK’ is closed to new replies.