Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Condor CX frames – opinions?
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks like the sort of thing I’m after at the right sort of price so may go on the list. Only wanted for racing. Tend to prefer the longer lower style of CX bike (e.g. Crux rather than TCX.)

Anyone got one? Anyone race one? Opinions, photos, all welcome 🙂

pirahna
    Free Member

Just had a look on the Condor site, both those frames have canti and disk mounts, not a good look. If you like that sort of thing Condor will have bought the frame from a far east maker, you’ll be paying a premium for the Condor sticker. Shop around and get the same for a lot less.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve ridden the Terra X because when I was looking I really wanted a Condor CX’er, however once I’d ridden it I changed my mind.
    Nice bike, not the lightest, felt a little wooden, fit was bang on with the 54 and 110 stem for me, quality of finsh bang on, kit was upper level stuff but the discs were cables.
    Now then don’t be put off by what I say, because the bike rode really nicely, had a bit of a swing feel to it (felt like a short wheelbase, but it’s not really) and I’m sure on a race track in the right hands it’d be great but not for me.

You really are going to have to try it, that’s the best advice I can give on this one…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks, just idle musing. Wondering if it’s worth putting on the list. Really waiting to see what the Bowman CX bike is like. Or next years Crux.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Crux is a nice frame if you like the US style bottom bracket height. Otherwise Ridley is the natural Euro centric choice.

However I’m going through a real Bowman love in at the moment with their Palace frame so I’d wait to see what their CX frame looks like

mrblobby
    Free Member

Had long rides on both the Crux and the TCX (which I think is more Euro high BB style) and much preferred the Crux.

Feeling the love for the Palace here too, quite fancy one. Bowman promise their CX to be long, low and racey which should suit.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Disk or canti?

eddie11
    Free Member

Felt cross bikes all look sorted and good value. Trek crockett is a great frame also. Lots of really well thought out details that looks like it was designed for racing.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Almost certainly disc.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Condor CX frames – opinions?’ is closed to new replies.